• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Well it looks like Honda wants to join in on the GS market

Bud

It is what it is.
V4 Crosstourer seems to want to take a bite from the GS slice of the pie.

attachment.php

interestingly, they describe this bike as a street-only model.

it would be interesting to see something from them that was lighter and had real suspension. tuned right, the V4 engine could be exquisite. i would like to try the double clutch off-road.

theoretically, this V4 will be a platform for other model variants.

watching this one closely, since i am a major honda fan.

ian

interestingly, they describe this bike as a street-only model.

it would be interesting to see something from them that was lighter and had real suspension. tuned right, the V4 engine could be exquisite. i would like to try the double clutch off-road.

theoretically, this V4 will be a platform for other model variants.

watching this one closely, since i am a major honda fan.

ian

I wonder how many GS riders never take their bike off pavement? It would seem that this bike would be aimed right at that market. Of course, we don't know how close to production this concept bike may be.

most GS riders never take their bikes offroad, they only want to look like they do.

but that doesn't apply to me. :brow

those bikes are way more than concepts. i bet they are at euro dealers (at least) within a year... maybe by spring.

looking at this bike, i would *guess* that it's off-pavement skills are at least in the same ballpark as the GS.

this bike is very interesting to me as i use my oilhead GS mainly as a highway bike. however, many times it's on a "highway" in name only.... :evil

Honda has a GS-style bike. Its the Transalp. I've seen several for sale on different sites over the last couple of weeks. Nice looking bike with a reputation for reliability.

Tom

I believe the Crosstourer is a concept bike. Not in production(yet) The 800cc V4 Crossrunner is/will be a production bike and Honda markets it as a street bike.

Ralph Sims

Is it just me or does it look like someone cut off the beak?

I too am a big Honda fan and watching this with interest, still miss my VF500F sometimes :)

Although I'd love 1 of every bike, some of these things are such pigs.

My WR400 could go places the GS and this bike couldn't even dream of.

and the GS can lay down long distance days your WR400 could only dream of. :ha

the beauty of the GS is the distance + off-pavement capability, if pure dirt-worthiness is primary, this isn't the right bike.

From MARS said:
Honda has a GS-style bike. Its the Transalp. I've seen several for sale on different sites over the last couple of weeks. Nice looking bike with a reputation for reliability.

The Transalp has far less power than the big GS. A better equivalent is the Varadero, not imported here.

What i'd like to see is an Africa Twin version of this crosstour concept. :nod

A lot of the bikes that are being talked about are pretty cool. To see some neat pictures check out a Touratech catalog. They didn't seem to show as well on the web site. Gary

Is it just me or does it look like someone cut off the beak?

I too am a big Honda fan and watching this with interest, still miss my VF500F sometimes :)

That's a nice short raptor beek. They should call it the "Bird of Prey" (if they don't get sued by the Klingons).

Back