• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Medford, Oregon to San Diego, California

timothygaffney

Hello all,

Have about four days for this ride. I see it is only about 800 miles if done on the Interstate roads, but don't want that. I go to the apps and maps and get lost (figuratively) in twisty mountain roads and it could take weeks. I would like that but time frame for the entire trip is about four days.
I hope to learn from riders familiar with the West and this general route the best way(s) to go. I would like some ocean and some inland and some mountains and of course great motorcycle roads. Probably comfortable with 8 hours riding per day, spread over 12 or so hours of the day. Target date for this ride is this August, maybe the first part of the month. I realize the heat of summer and also possibility of wildfire detours will play a role into my route. I am on a R1200 GS and relatively accomplished with this behemoth but the tires are Anakee (I think) and don't seem very well suited for off road.
I have the Garmin Navigator IV on the bike and am trying the Rever Pro. Someone have any ideas they would share the files for; that would be great. I am still in the initial learning curve of the Rever. The Garmin I know well but it is limited without a great route inputed in I think.
If I am correct in my research the BMW Motorrad Naviator IV will take files inputed? (Do I need to input these files via the Motorrad app? I am thinking I can input directly from Rever?) Any hopefully those routes will show well and navigate well with this Garmin satellite device.

Thanks much.

Back