• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bugs that chose your bike or gear as their final resting place

To remove bugs I soak an old towel in my soap wash bucket then drape the towel over the windshield and front of fairing. Continue to wash the bike and let the bugs soak for a while. Bugs will come off easier after a short soaking.

Also you can use a Bounce fabric softener wet the dryer sheet and use it like a rag to melt bugs away. Use this method all the time on front of our fifth wheel camper.

I have NOT tried the bounce thing on windshield you should test to be sure it doesn’t scratch. I don’t believe it will. Our camper is fiberglass and we have never damaged it.

geo96_butrfly1.gif

Here is one from a trip many years ago, when I pulled it out, it flew right away.

Bees in helmet yes. I got stung pretty good (OK I did not look pretty). What it got me was to go to the front of the line at the emergency room in Moncton, New-Brunswick. Second time happened not to far from home. Looked like I lost a boxing match. I have to remember to keep my visor down.

As for the cat's business. That brings back memories. Our cat got ticked off at me and did a number one in my jacket that was laying in the couch.

One the lighter side. Having a bird strike a helmet is not too pleasant. Happened over twenty years ago but can still visualize it.

When it happens I remember not to panick. Keep control of the bike. Bring it to a safe stop (even if the pain is something else - roadrash from crashing is worse).

Have a great weekend.

Never had a bee in my helmet, but I do know that yellow jackets will fly into the front of a button up shirt and sting the s**t out of you. Junebugs hurt and make a heck of a noise if they hit your helmet. Tweety birds don't hurt, but you'll feel bad about hitting one.

I think butterflies and moths are the worst. They are full of goo that combines with the dust on their wings to nearly cover your face shield.

My buddy recently laid out his jacket and pants for an upcoming ride we just completed. The night before, he realized his cats used his pants as a litter box, both #1 and #2!

I wounder if cat chamois work as well?

Back