• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hot weather pants

R

ray82609

If you could only have one pair of motorcycle pants for hot weather what would they be?
-Ray

Summer Pants

Ditto . . .

They are comfortable, breathable, and bottoms zip off for that fashionable walk around town.

Comes in two colors beige and black !

First Gear Mesh Pants

If you don't want to spend the money for the BMW brand pants, take a look at the First Gear mesh pants. I've had mine for about a year now and I think they are great.
They have ample armor and are very comfortable. You can find them for about $160.00

Cheaper yet...

The Joe Rocket brand Phoenix pant is cheaper yet, I've found them for as low as $99. The knee pocket has three positions so you can move the armor to fit your leg. The bottom of the pant leg has a wide velcro and can be cinched tightly to your boot. The zippers are great, too.

Summer Pants

Dainese Air Drake Pants - great for those hot days when ya need some air for the fellow down there :brow and the pants hold up s l i d i n g down a road.
Great protection as well :clap they did their job for sliding on blacktop.
Unfotunately - the EMT's had to cut them off me - So whatever you get - wear something OTHER then jeans - You'll thank me later - cause I'm not holding your hand for skin graphs - SO please get GOOD gear - I butched at the $$$$. but I walked away with no broken bones only sores and a wristed knee.
I get good gear, don't be a fool. You need to survive a hit or inpact do it with propper gear.

Be safe out there

My Motoport (Cycle Port) mesh pants have armour and keep me cool in the summer. With liners, they keep out the rain and keep me warm down into the low 40s.

I really like my Fieldsheer mesh overpant for summer riding. They zip all the way up to the waist like my Darien pants, allowing easy put on or takeoff with boots and shoes on. I can wear shorts or pants under them depending on the weather. For rain you still need a rain pant, but the comfort in hot weather makes that a mute point.

Rick G

If you don't want to spend the money for the BMW brand pants, take a look at the First Gear mesh pants. I've had mine for about a year now and I think they are great.
They have ample armor and are very comfortable. You can find them for about $160.00

thats what i wear also

Motoport (Cycle Port) Air Mesh Kevlar Pants

You should highly consider the MotoPort (Cycle Port) Air Mesh Kevlar Pant. I've ridden with them from 25 degrees - nearly 100 degrees (and they are rated for even wider temperature extremes than that). The reason they are so good for summer riding, which was your original question, is that because of the construction of the Air Mesh Kevlar Pant you can (safely) wear shorts underneath - not many brands can claim that. The Kevlar pant is extremely breathable without the optional lining which makes it a great choice for summer riding.

+1 for the First Gear Air Overpant. They retail for about $199. The cool (warm?) thing about them is they come with a removable liner which turns them into cold/wet weather pants as well. I have ridden in moderate rain and subfreezing temps and have been warm and dry.

Last edited:
Protection?

Is there any difference in the protection offered by the pants being discussed?

As one who wears hard armor under jeans, I am following this with great interest.

Rallye2 pants are cool in the summer. Between the vents and the material breathing easily they are comfy. The need to remove to add the waterproof liner is my only niggle with them but they are a good pant. They take a beating from gravel really well too with nary a scuff by the way.

I have been very happy with my Olympia Airglides after two seasons of riding. I went with silver rather than black. They don't look quite as nice as traditional black but they reflect rather than absorb sunshine.

I recommend the Cycleport/Motoport Ultra II AirMesh Kevlar pants and jacket for year round use. I have the wind/rain liners for the pants and jacket and a fleece for the jacket. I also have a warm-n-safe heated jacket that goes inside the fleece for really cold days. I can wear "whatever" under the gear and still be protected.

I was glad to be wearing the jacket even in 113 degree heat here in the Phoenix summer.

We went by the Cycleport store in San Marcos, California and had them measure for a custom fit for me and my wife. The gear was around $1,200 per person without the heated liner.

If interested:

www.motoport.com
800-777-6499

I have been very happy with my Olympia Airglides after two seasons of riding. I went with silver rather than black. They don't look quite as nice as traditional black but they reflect rather than absorb sunshine.

That's good to hear. Down here on the semi-tropical Gulf coast, every advantage helps. I just bought the silver Airglides on the theory that black is the worst color for this climate.

Back