• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thanks You Jeff Gerbing

Yes, thanks for posting.

I had a similar experience with Gerbing... my 3 year-old jacket stopped warming in one area.

Replaced at no charge with an upgraded product, no questions asked.

Ian

Funny, they never gave me free gloves when I sent my jacket liner back to get the zipper fixed. Maybe it was because I had melted it by hanging it over the bike against the hot exhaust :doh :doh At any rate, they did the repairs for a very reasonable cost and returned the liner to me quickly. The only glitch in the transaction was when Canda customs tried to ding me for duty and taxes on the value of the jacket not the repair cost (they had listed the goods value as the full cost for shipping insurance).

Its good to hear positive stories like this about the companies we deal with instead of the constant negative barrage that seems to get posted. :thumb

I have always been impressed by both Gerbing and Widder. Both great companies that take care of their customers.

kenk said:
Now this is what I call customer service.

I'd like to think or hope so.

I ordered a jacket liner and provided all the required dimensions. I sent it back and they sent the next size. Still a tight fit, so the replacement was sent back.

Now some $19.50 + $20 in shipping later, I'm still without a jacket liner that "fits". Funny thing is, it cost me $11.60 to send it back using the same service, so where does that $20 shipping charge come from? On top of all that, there was a $5 fee at The UPS Store for each shipment I picked up there.

I think Gerbing would be far better off supplying "all" the jacket liner's dimensions on their web site and let me be the judge of what fits.

Next step: I'm sending them an outline drawing of a jacket and asking them to fill in the blanks for a size 50 and 52 (a 46 was supposed to fit me!).

Back