• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new gear ride

crows123

When the season stared all I thought was just new tires, then my Firstgear heated jacket went. So I took the advice of some members and bought a "Warm and Safe Genneration" heated jacket , which was on sale !!!! The tires I chose where Dunlop RoadSmart III ,front and rear. So on my 150mi. test ride all went well, the jacket performed great as advertised , and the tires where great. I now realize why I liked Dunlop so well, not that the pr4gt's didn't perform well ,but that I came to like the different feel. The pr4's go into the corner like dancing a tango, with that hard throw, while the RSIII's like the steady throw of a waltz , long and smooth. Also they seem smoother on the road , amazing how different tire compounds feel. You can feel the RSIII's move and roll in the corner but it was a positive feel. Like the tire was following each inch of the road . So guys and gals thanks for the input, it was well appreciated and taken, and I hope this helps someone else.

We were happy with our new waterproof Warm and Safe jackets on our recent Texas trip.
We wore them quite a bit off the bikes because they look like a normal jacket.
We also like the soft feel of the material.

My Warm and Safe is going with me to the Rally in June. Warm, waterproof, windproof, stylish and on sale; what more could you ask for. Mine is Red!

Warm, waterproof, windproof, stylish and on sale; what more could you ask for. Mine is Red!

I like on sale and red :)

Lee (2).jpg

Debbie liked the women's jacket had a hood and she used it a couple times when walking in the rain.
The hood is thin enough to wear under a helmet. She had a Firstgear riding jacket with a thin hood and used it when riding in the rain.

I bought the red too, also wore in the rain,was waterproof. I had to buy longer leads because of the short cord in the jacket . I was set-up for the first gear and that jacket had a 20" cord out of the pocket. But once that was taken care of ,off to the races.

I bought the red too, also wore in the rain,was waterproof. I had to buy longer leads because of the short cord in the jacket . I was set-up for the first gear and that jacket had a 20" cord out of the pocket. But once that was taken care of ,off to the races.

Our wire from the jacket was just right for us on R1200RS.
The pigtail to the battery sticks out on the left side of our bikes.

pig tail.jpg

Back