• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum login

rjimison

What has happened to the login for the forum? I am being forced to log in on each visit, but just for forum access, no other functions. This has just changed in the last few days, will this be a permanent change?
Thx.
R

What has happened to the login for the forum? I am being forced to log in on each visit, but just for forum access, no other functions. This has just changed in the last few days, will this be a permanent change?
Thx.
R
There was an update which cleared the forum "cookies". You should clear your "old cookies" just to make sure things are clear in your computer and at your next login, check the "remember me" box if you like to stay logged in.
HTH.
Gary

Same thing happened to me just now. Gave my user name, password, clicked the "remember me" box and I couldn't log in. Did it again without the "remember me" and I was in.

Could someone explain how I clean the "old cookies" out of my PC? Presume this is different than the way I clean "old crumbs" out of my toaster - shaking it over the sink. Maybe a "self-clean" setting like my oven?

Sorry. That WAS a serious question from a seriously-challenged computer user.

Gary, thanks for the quick reply. I am still having the same problem, 'remember me' does not function. Any other ideas.

Any fix for Safari iPad Browser?

This is is extremely annoying on the iPad using the native Safari browser which stubbornly stays broken. Clearing the cookies does work on the MacBook Pro Safari browser however.

Same thing happened to me just now. Gave my user name, password, clicked the "remember me" box and I couldn't log in. Did it again without the "remember me" and I was in.

Could someone explain how I clean the "old cookies" out of my PC? Presume this is different than the way I clean "old crumbs" out of my toaster - shaking it over the sink. Maybe a "self-clean" setting like my oven?

Sorry. That WAS a serious question from a seriously-challenged computer user.
Kinda hard to explain from afar- but its basically cleaning out the "hard" remembered "experience/association" that linked your computer to the site.
If you are using Firefox, Chrome, Internet Exploder or Safari- use Google and ask "clear history with (your browser) and run through it.
A software anti-virus like Trend Micro has a neat feature called "System Tuner" that was, IMO, real good.

Gary, thanks for the quick reply. I am still having the same problem, 'remember me' does not function. Any other ideas.
I'm guessing the same for you, when you get to the place that has the "stored cookies" you will see a list, and it could be thousands :eek
As you roll through you will see one for the MOA and that would be the old one that needs to go. The forum will "plant" a new one next time in and the "remember me" box should work fine.
HTH.
Gary

This is is extremely annoying on the iPad using the native Safari browser which stubbornly stays broken. Clearing the cookies does work on the MacBook Pro Safari browser however.
Not sure on that one but I would try that same Google approach as mentioned in the previous post.
Gary

Here's instructions for different browsers.
https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic#about
That looks like a good one Lee :thumb Thanks.
I find the instructions "sometimes" need a little interpretation but that will get them going. Supposedly, Apple has a script for the 0S-X that takes care of the bulk of this kind of thing- I haven't been able to prove it out yet (to my satisfaction).
Gary

Thanks to replies on this thread I was able to figure out how to delete "cookies" and some other stuff and my computer DOES seem a little faster. But the forum doesn't "remember me" and it took three tries to log on. The successful attempt I did not click that "remember me" box. Am I missing something?

Doug -

What's your setup...operating system, web browser, etc.? I'm running Win7 and IE10 and I'm always remembered each time I return. This for such a wide range of people that if it's not working on your end, it has to be some setting or feature that causes this to happen. I notice in Internet Explorer under the Tools > Internet Options > General tab a feature to delete browsing history on exit. If this is checked, all of the history and cookies will be deleted and you'll have to start over each time.

Kurt, I am in the same boat with Doug on my laptop that I have begun to use in the evenings as I relax in my recliner or use when traveling.......Anyway, XP and Mozilla..........I went into control panel, internet, and deleted cookies but NOT passwords and history as I dread doing that. So........when, on the laptop, I bring up the net site it does NOT remember me automatically; but then as I begin to enter the user name, it pops up, as does the password..........then I go to the forum and have to do the same thing............

So, perhaps just removing cookies DOES NOT work????.............one has to also remove the password and history also???????........Just thoughts.......this began by the way, perhaps a week to 10 days ago after a maint. session...........

THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO...........God bless........Dennis

Dennis -

I'm glad you reminded me of the recent upgrade on the forum software. It's possible that something was reset as a result of that. I'll do some checking.

This is super annoying. I can stay logged in on my PC, but my iPAD won't do it.

This is super annoying. I can stay logged in on my PC, but my iPAD won't do it.

Did it work before? Go into the Safari settings and take a look at what your options are set to. Which generation iPad is it and which version of iOS?

Did it work before? Go into the Safari settings and take a look at what your options are set to. Which generation iPad is it and which version of iOS?

It used to stay logged in to the forum. Latest Gen, latest iOS. Have not changed it lately. I'll check settings tonight.

Question...is the "remember me" function working any better? I wanted to see if some changes made in the background might have helped.

Question...is the "remember me" function working any better? I wanted to see if some changes made in the background might have helped.

So this is a similar discussion as in another thread started at about the same time. Seeing your messages here and above, I deleted the MOA cookie in Safari on my Mac. I then re-logged in and checked "remember me". Next I rebooted my computer and this time I was instantly into the Forum. Hope that this is helpful in your troubleshooting and instructions to others.

Back