• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings

stcharlsadven

New member and new BMW rider from St. Charles, MO. I just sold my Tiger 800 XC and purchased a 2020 F750 GS. I have enjoyed reading about the bike, learning about it and watching a few YouTube videos on the care of the bike and possible modifications.

The bike has 10,000 miles on it and is set up with how I want it right now. I do want to remove the gps and relocate my Garmin Zumo XC above the screen. I have watched a few videos on how to make that modification. I think I can make that change. The Garmin was a big help on my last trip north.

Winter has arrived and I will wait for a warmer day to ride.

I have been on a few other motorcycle forums and they each have been extremely helpful. I am sure this one will too.

Thanks in advance.
Clint

Welcome Clint! Our community is pretty diverse with a variety riding interests and loads of expertise when it comes to how to do things. There are links to lots of good resources as well. Enjoy the MOA and the forum. Rides easy.
Gary

Hallo Clint in MO from Team-HSV in north AL.

Sure hope you'll enjoy the switch to your newish GS! -- My GT was 4 yrs old w/10K when I bought it in '18 and Mrs K put 169K miles on her '09 F650GS. Hope you'll get as many miles and smiles in the months & years to come. :thumb

You likely are aware of the nearby MOA chartered club. Do check them out. The Falling Leaf Rally is a fun event.
>>> https://www.gatewayriders.com/ <<<

Then there's the 2024 International MOA Rally in Oregon if'n you're a serious BMW biker. :nod
<<< https://rally.bmwmoa.org/ >>>

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
:beer

Welcome Clint! Here's hoping for a warm spell so that you can get a ride in before winter officially sets in. Pics are always encouraged and appreciated.

Welcome from Newfoundland. I really liked the Tiger 800 I had use of for a few months last year but I haven't ridden a new 750 GS to compare. My go to is a KTM 640 Adventure.

Tiger 800

I really liked the 800 and it was a great bike. I rode it from St. Charles Missouri to Anchorage and then to Seattle last August. But after all those miles (6500) I never felt comfortable. It was too tall and heavy for me. That is why I am on the 750. Looking forward to many miles.

Clint

Back