• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum Transition to Xenforo!

I think you have to be careful when clicking on the time stamp, OM. That takes you to the latest post. But what if there have been 3-4 other posts just before that? You then have to scroll up to ensure you're looking at the last post.
For me, it appears to be a two click process to get to the first new post I haven't seen. Click the thread title, then click jump to new posts.

I think you have to be careful when clicking on the time stamp, OM. That takes you to the latest post. But what if there have been 3-4 other posts just before that? You then have to scroll up to ensure you're looking at the last post.
That’s why I mentioned looking for the blue box that said “new”.
It does look like the-
two click process to get to the first new post I haven't seen Is a more efficient process.
(y) Click the thread title, then click jump to new posts.
OM

XF keeps track of the latest post that you, personally, have viewed. When you click on the thread title (Not the timestamp), it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

XF keeps track of the latest post that you, personally, have viewed. When you click on the thread title (Not the timestamp), it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.
Thanks Kevin,
Some of what I’m seeing is picking up posts in the span between the test forum and it’s final integration- which is on my end.
Things are looking great.
Gary

For me, it appears to be a two click process to get to the first new post I haven't seen. Click the thread title, then click jump to new posts.
For me one click takes me to the first unread post in the thread.

Edit: This morning it does not take me to the first unread message. Like you, I now have to also click on Jump To New.

Last edited:

Edit: This morning it does not take me to the first unread message. Like you I now have to also click on Jump To New.
I’m getting the impression that the software may have to catch up with the activity. There were new posts in the “show a picture of you K-Bike and CamHead threads and a click brought me to the first page. As the forum does a refresh, it may catch up.
OM

For photos I find storing all of mine on SmugMug makes for ultra simple posting anywhere and I can find pics in my galleries. Great photo site I have been happily using for over 15 years with over 20K photos stored. If you're looking to join there is a coupon code in my signature line.

This is going to be nice. I was able to Copy and Paste this picture from my computer.
1705440588014.jpeg

FWIW, just tried copying a picture from iPhone and iPad - 2.4mb and got the “too big”message.
OM

I've successfully used Flickr on multiple forums. I like to strip everything outside of the image tags.

Test, test..
48872494688_e2e131b914_o.png

Edit: This morning it does not take me to the first unread message. Like you, I now have to also click on Jump To New.
Automatically going to the first unread post in a thread is working for me today.

I tried to "copy-n-paste" a 4.5mb image from my computer...it had a "problem". I then did the Attach files approach with same picture...it uploaded no problem. I suspect that the attaching approach runs the image through a down-sizer while the image copy doesn't do that.

I tried to "copy-n-paste" a 4.5mb image from my computer...it had a "problem". I then did the Attach files approach with same picture...it uploaded no problem. I suspect that the attaching approach runs the image through a down-sizer while the image copy doesn't do that.
Kinda my thinking, as well. It didn't appear to be able to downsize a cut and paste, which is a drag. But it's still way better than vB, IMHO.

Back