• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum Transition to Xenforo!

Does anybody know what happens with an iPhone photo shot in portrait instead of landscape, camera upper left corner?

Are you running into a file size error? Images are resized on upload and there should be no size restrictions within reason.
When I was messing with pictures I tried a full size picture that was 3 or 4 mb and it gave a error message.
That size is too big so I'm in the habit of reducing any pictures before uploading to a forum.
Like Omega Man mentioned 1 mb did not cause problems here in the past so I was in the habit of reducing down smaller than that.

Last edited:
I'll try uploading a 1.4 MB file... This is of a new Sargent saddle on my 94 R1100RS that I purchased new. For the past 30 years I've had a Corbin saddle on this bike and quite liked it. However my knees are really hurting nowadays on the oilhead RS - the doc says that knee replacements are in order. Well I'd ordered the new Sargent saddle and I am just about to send it back for modifications. After discussions with the nice folks at Sargent, I did as suggested and added folded towels to the seat to raise myself up a bit (and lessen the bend angle on my knees). At 3 towels (or 2.5 inches height) my knees no longer hurt. So I will send the seat back to have it raised by 2.5 inches (and I'll have red welt added to the black saddle - why didn't I do this earlier??). I am just kicking the can down the road to forestall the knee replacement.

PS - it looks like my 1.4 MB photo was successfully uploaded.

Attachments

• DSC04060.JPG
    DSC04060.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Here is yet another experimental photo upload. This time at the Square Root Rally in 2014. The photo is about 4.5 MB is size. I think that this may have been one of my last camping trips as the knees are too painful to allow for crawling out of the tent in the middle of the night.

Well, shucks... no joy on the photo upload. Message says too large.

Trying again with downsized to 2.3 MB, same rally, same photo

Looks like this worked...

Attachments

• P1000878.JPG
    P1000878.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Photo test.
IMG_8616-XL.jpg

That worked fine.

I tried a 4.2 MB jpg image that was saved directly from the digital camera...no joy. I then brought the image into Windows Paint program and then saved it as a jpg image (no downsizing of pixels) and the image was saved as a 2.3 MB file; the Paint program must employ a stronger jpg compression algorithm. The 2.3 MB image was saved using the drag-and-drop insert image option.
100p.jpg

Great job. This is the same as many of the other forums I'm on and it's nice to have the familiarity. Also, great to have something a bit more modern.

I miss the little button by the thread title that would take me to the latest post.
If working from “new posts”, when a thread with new posts appears, you can “click” on the “time stamp” and it should get you there. Also, a blue box appears that indicates “NEW”.
HTH

OM

If working from “new posts”, when a thread with new posts appears, you can “click” on the “time stamp” and it should get you there. Also, a blue box appears that indicates “NEW”.
HTH

OM

I figured out that clicking the time stamp works. I don't remember seeing a blue box anywhere, but if I click on the thread title and go to the first page of the thread, there's a white "jump to new" box top right that gets me there. Maybe our color schemes are different? I'm on the what I guess must be the default, because I never changed it.

I think you have to be careful when clicking on the time stamp, OM. That takes you to the latest post. But what if there have been 3-4 other posts just before that? You then have to scroll up to ensure you're looking at the last post.

Reactions: lee
Back