• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This is a rant. Is it me? or are my meds interacting?

Dam,this rant caught all y'all's funny bones,that can't be right.

I was tempted to post NOTHIN,cuz that was what Dave said he wanted.And it was true.

But,I had to say,Hah!

I know Swider,and Paul and Voni,and Boxegrrlie,and Bradford Benn,and that guy from Boston and Rapid Roy..and I know of a bunch of other folk I would like to know.I know redclfco and statdawg too,though they don't know it.

I see Dave,you are a countryman and near neighbour.How about you and I do the Gold River road some weekend,or go to Port Hardy?Maybe we would ride to Redmond together.I am not a group rider either,and frankly,sometimes,some of the stuff people do,Really Bugs Me!!!!

I ride year round,I avoid only snow,so if you like,pm me and I will come over on the ferry on a decent weekend this fall and go for a ride.Or have lunch.You can see my fancy dress and farkles,if you want.

Awwwwwww. :heart

Great post Rod! But, I would also like to know if you have a tent. And if so is it a thirty dollar tent? Don't know if ownership of same means you fit in.....or not, but damn! Mention a thirty dollar tent 'round these parts and the keyboards sure do get a workout! Draws more responses than those Metzlers you refer to, or that BMW oil.

It was a 30 some dollar Coleman tent until I lost one of the poles segments. Used it once! Know what Colemans other business is? BIG DOG Choppers! Yes, he started and owns a LOUD PIPES CHOPPER MANUFACTURING COMPANY. Choppers! Flamed, loud piped, and no Ohlins Choppers.

I guess I need to get another tent, but with my luck I will lose the same part over and over. Must be the BMW immune system repelling the chopper contaminated parts.

So right now I an tentless, and I sleep better in a motel anyway.

Rod

Here is proof someone already set up at Redmond and its probably a Frosty Nutz alumnus. Roy did you use Photo Shop to hide the trailer ?

Now, that is a mighty fine tent with a specific purpose. I once slept for a little while in one of those.

Back in the days of my almost youth I was in the US Air Force, stationed at a small radar station in Iowa. Given that it was 1967 that was not at all a bad place to be stationed. So my young bride and I and our then baby, and a couple of friends and their two kids decided to go camping. So we checked some camping gear out from base recreation services or whatever they called that guy.

The tent looked like this one. A single pole in the center, and double walls of draped fabric. It was a, you guessed it, Arctic Survival Tent in bright pink.

Now one thing about the frozen north is that it snows but doesn't rain. So this particular tent had that double fabric to trap air in a dead-air-space for insulation, but nary one bit of waterproof performance whatsoever.

And of course the night we went camping it rained. Big drops hit the fabric which simply turned them into more but smaller drops before they blasted through the fabric and cascaded to the poor campers huddled below.

That tent cost a lot more than $30 but was worth a whole lot less in the middle of the night in a rainstorm on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa.

Interesting thread, probably should have begun in On Line Central and oughta be moved to gear as it's going now.

Back