• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT music and BMW Connected Ap. 2022 GSA

DEEBEE060

So I have been having issues with the TFT for a while and now the connected ap is causing issues.

First the TFT. This is a 2022 GSA where the TFT was updated last spring. Now whenever I go out on the bike and have my iphone with me, I spend around 20 minutes waiting for the music to update. On artist, album, etc all I get is "updating" Once updated, if I stop and restart I have to go through the whole process again. Pain in the A. Any suggestions? I have unpaired and repaired several times to no avail.

The BMW Ap will start and I will then go on my ride. Then when I return home and want to see my route, half is missing and the ap, which has not been closed down wants me to log in again. On first starting I am logged in, somewhere along the trip it logs me out!

Come on BMW, if you release this stuff, the least you can do is ensure it works as stated on the "tin"

I had a problem with TFT not populating with my music.
BMW support told me
"Please note that 5,000 pieces of music can be transferred. If a song is also stored in a playlist, then this counts twice. If you have a song in 5 playlists, then it is counted 6 times."

I had a problem with TFT not populating with my music.
BMW support told me
"Please note that 5,000 pieces of music can be transferred. If a song is also stored in a playlist, then this counts twice. If you have a song in 5 playlists, then it is counted 6 times."

Wouldn't life be simple if BMW would just add Apple car Play and Android Auto to the damn TFT!

Today it took 45 mins but contacts almost immediate. Too much proprietary software and big company s who put profits before happy usets

I have a difficult time following posts referring to a “TFT”.
“TFT“ generally refers to the actual display module-

Thin-film transistor

Description​

A thin-film transistor is a special type of field-effect transistor where the transistor is made by thin film deposition. TFTs are grown on a supporting substrate. A common substrate is glass, because the traditional application of TFTs is in liquid-crystal displays. Wikipedia

Is there an actual name to this device like NAV or GPS?

OM

Well I finally got this issue semi-sorted. With the music I found 2 corrupt tracks that would not play on itunes, deleted them and now updating takes about 10 minutes. Still no answer as to why I keep getting signed out of the app. but just check each ride out

Back