• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shots from the rally

Man, looked like a great rally. Too bad I was not able to make it. What was the final count?

Damn, missed the S1000RR, missed N8!, missed Camp GEARS... Man, almost wished I would of gone to the Nationals instead Europe. I'll be at next years nationals! If I have to drive a car, or fly there. I'll make it!

I think they said there were 8,972 people and just under 7,000 bikes.

There were some well done reports on a local news program. Not the usual "Bikers roar into town." stuff, but comments about the organization, how much money is spent locally and the distance that people travel to the rally. They did get one thing wrong, though. They named Paul and Voni after a donut; Glaze.:laugh

The bikes were given away, none to us ; (

But that was the only disappointment in this most wonderful of family reunions!

More pics here:

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2009 BMWMOARallySaturday/?albumview=slideshow

Sorry the pictures are in a strange order. My camera started renumbering.

Sweet dreams all!

See you next year in Redmond, Oregon.

Voni
sMiling

Excellent slide show - thanks for the link - one of my favorite pictures are of the 2 Red RT's next to each other

There were some well done reports on a local news program. Not the usual "Bikers roar into town." stuff, but comments about the organization, how much money is spent locally and the distance that people travel to the rally. They did get one thing wrong, though. They named Paul and Voni after a donut; Glaze.:laugh

Here's some local press

print
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php?ID=70024

and video

http://video.johnsoncitypress.com/g...vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=3967463&at1=News - Breaking News&h1=More than 8,000 people turn out for the 37th BMW rally in Gray

Off riding today, but more pictures coming tonight of people packing to head out for new adventures.

Voni
sMiling

What Paul didn't say was that I was praying the he wouldn't take a picture of me with my eyes closed. :dance

Having a great rally, wish you were able to be here.

And you were eating Ice Cream lol..:gerg:ca
Wish I was there but I now live in calgay, AB and don't have a BMW (for now)I have a Honda VFR1000 see you later. Eyes open..

Great rally! One of my pics:

595545489_NriTp-L.jpg

More here:

http://jonesy.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=8963360&AlbumKey=iNoG5

Good Stuff! It is nice to see that kind of good coverage (and fun of course to see Paul and Voni on TV :D)

Just a quick "hi hello" and home safely.
I had a blast and put a lot of faces to names from the internet, too many to mention here but you known who you are.
If I didn't meet you, I promise I did my best. I'm already thinking about Redmond!

Thank you Vance and Connie and all who made this happen. You are blessed with some beautiful geography!

Wez

thanx!

Thanx, Voni, and to all of you who posted pix! That @#$%^$#! gainful employment thing kept me away from the nat'l once again, so I particularly enjoy seeing the photos. Looks like a great time.
Safe trip home, everyone.

Here is a panorama shot from the Awards Ceremony (where I didn't win anything).

Attachments

• awards01.jpg
    awards01.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 598
Back