• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Instrument cover removal

I am attempting to install the Oldtimers Nav Lock in my 2015 RT. The two "screws" on the bottom of the instrument cover are not screws. They don't fit anything. All the videos I find refer to them as screws, but they are not. I can kind of push a small torx head in there but it only unscrews a little bit before stopping.

Rather than force anything, I put it all back together and am seeking wisdom from the hive mind.

I don't want to break something and then be forced to take the care to work (oh the shame...) while I wait for replacement parts.

Any advice?

It's either a Phillips or a torx. I've never had a reason to monkey with my 15 there so I can' tell you what mine are. However, depending on the year of the bike he's working on, it could be either.

Get a good light and a magnifier and you should be able to sort it out.

Note that he says you don't unscrew them completely. Just loosen and then pull the screw and what it screws into to expand it.

Back