• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What do you think of these mirror extensions?

georgej

I'm either going with these for $100,or the emgo replacements for an EX Kawasaki.

Attachments

• MIrror extensions 011.jpg
    MIrror extensions 011.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 311
Someone in the IBMWR markeet place is advertising them for sale. $100. I trying to decide if I should use them or try those emgo replacement mirrors.

George, are these available in one set only? They look pretty good and if they work why not?

If fritz would have wanted you to see what is back there they would have been on it from the factory.

Billet aluminum is much to bling bling for even a HD.

I I had to have them I would get thme powdercoated satin black

Sorry, you asked.

There are more than one set .Sounds like he is making them an offering for sale. He also said you would put a black finish on them.
George

The mirrors already have a tendency to vibrate, and with them out there like that, I'd be concerned of their stressing, and possibly breaking, the plastic mounts, besides worse vibration.

I would say, try it, if it works, then great. If not, well then you are out $100. Maybe you can get some sort of trial period from the seller/maker.
I don't think there is enough weight to the mirrors to cause extra stress, but they may be a little susceptible to vibrations due to the extension.

for the price of those extensions you could score a pair of these

2786-crg-hindsight-ls-mirror.jpg

round bar ends vs Napoleans

I had these round bar-ends on my /6 for a few years. They look cool, but are quite small and don't give a great look at whats behind and to the side (isn't that what they are for?). I ditched them for a pair of Napoleans a few weeks ago on my /6 with low bars. Besides looking very cool, the Napoleans give me an absolutely panoramic view. I feel much safer with them.
Theo Marks
'74 R74/6

Back