• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your MC Insurance Cost???

2007 R1200RT $405 per year paid in full with Progressive. That is a $70 decrease from last year plus I added a <15 mph performance award 3 months prior to renewal.

$480/ 12 month coverage. $250 deductible, full coverage,covers $5000 performance/accessory.

2007 F650GS
2009 F650SG Twin
1998 K1200RS
2000 R1100RT
Full coverage $500.00 deductable. No uninsured medical.( I'm covered elsewhere)
Prgressive $504.00 12 months coverage.

$1400 a year for two bikes. Liability is $1 million and it includes fire and theft, but the bikes themselves are only covered for collision if someone runs over or into me. I envy your insurance rates south of the border. :ca

Every state is different. I pay about the same as you are paying with high coverage limits on everything. Two bikes here too.

$1400 a year for two bikes. Liability is $1 million and it includes fire and theft, but the bikes themselves are only covered for collision if someone runs over or into me. I envy your insurance rates south of the border. :ca

Same here. I like the price for their bike insurance. Just the medical insurance thing that they got going that scares me.

Bikes out this weekend!!!!!!

$508/year with American Modern for insurance on our K1200LT, K1200RS and F800ST with coverage limits 250/500/100, comprehensive, collision and $1000 deductible. I have medical insurance through work. I didn't take under-insured or uninsured.

I insured my daughter's Ninja 250 with Progressive, same limits but no comprehensive or collision for $205. If I had put them all on the same policy it would have cost double. Of course she would then be insured to ride the LT, but I don't think that will be happenning any time soon.

I should add that I had a minor speeding ticket about 12 years ago and the previous one was in 1977. As well, I have had no accidents. My motorcycle license was earned in 1972. I shopped around last summer for better rates and was unsuccessful. Everyone's else quoted rates were higher! My insurance company that I insure the three cars and house won't touch my older bike and their rate for the '98 is higher than the company with whom I insure the bikes. As well, the money is required in one payment. Why do I feel like a second class owner/operator? :violin :ca

Markel BMWMOA Endorsed

! went with Markel (BMWMOA endorsed program) and with 25000/50000 liability and 500 deductable for collision and comprehensive, I pay $214/yr. I only have one bike (r1150r)
I do have a clear record and use the MSF, MOA and every discount they can give me. No one else can touch their price.
I even checked Allstate , who insures my car and house, but Markel won!

$530 year. 5 Airheads, comp and collision. Progresive. My understanding of the UM is it paid on my medical, so I do not carry, as I have health insurance.

$144 a year

Twelve dollars a month for liability. Minimum required in Tennessee. '73 60/5. I'm fifty six and no accidents.

:usa

The premium for this coming year on my new to me Suzuki is $453. And that is because I choose to carry collision and comprehensive coverage. Carrying only the mandatory stuff would be $139 for the year.

The $453 is $130 less than the coverage would have been on the R1200CL I just traded away.

I sort of feel like I'm getting a deal, reading all these posts. :thumb

$75 a year for full-coverage on a 76 r90/6 from Progressive. I've had all my bikes through them for a decade. Now I've got my cars there as well.

Of course, I'm also ridiculously boring. Never been in an accident...no tickets...married with kids, etc.

Age 33
Married
no tickets

Dairyland (Sentry Ins.)

02 r1150gs (full coverage)
05 r1200st (full replace to new coverage)

$550 per year with a 1000 deductable

$329/yr 2009 R1200RT full coverage w/medical, $250 deductible.
$93/yr 1993 K75 dito above.
Home owner, paid in full, responsible (haven't been caught for many years :) ).
Frederick County VA.

1,680 per year full coverage.
3 bikes
01 k1200lt
04 r1150rt
07 r1200gs..

I havent been able to get it any cheaper either.........

maybe I need to get rid of some bikes

My rates a similar in Las Vegas. They've been creeping up for years. I used to have more bikes. I'm about to lose another. Where is all the money going?
aaaaaa

2003 LT

$250,000/$500,000 Limits

Full Coverage

$282 includes $10 for towing.

1 speeding ticket 15+ in a construction zone last year.:banghead

Back