• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

women's boots???

the Wizard of Oz
Help, pls. where to look for women's boots. Size 6 or 6.5. Even oline , as you know, they're tuff to come by. Real boots, not "lady's" fashion crap. She's a rider, not a model...tho she's pretty enuf to be both!

Help, pls. where to look for women's boots. Size 6 or 6.5. Even oline , as you know, they're tuff to come by. Real boots, not "lady's" fashion crap. She's a rider, not a model...tho she's pretty enuf to be both!

I might be able to help you. Wife's going to check on a pair of over the ankle riding boots size.

She says they are women's size seven.

I have the Daytona motorcycle boots. I have a terrible time finding boots for my 5 1/2 Wide feet. I ordered them from Revzilla. They are THE BEST MOTORCYLE BOOTS I have ever owned. You can check them out on Revzilla's web site, with the video of how they are made. First class quality. I also have BMW boots, and they are good boots with no complaints, but they run just a little narrow for me. BMW are waterproof and seem to hold up well, but the Daytona are better, in my opinion. I do not care about looking in fashion when it comes to my protective gear, but these boots look "serious" and are actually made for a woman who rides. I think I paid $400.00 + but they are worth every penny to me. This is one time you get what you pay for. This post made me think about ordering a second pair just to have as back up.

Gail, these also are the boots Rhonda wears. Instead of revzilla she found the company in Germany direct and paid about $300 for them including shipping. The email confirmations were in german and English but they came in about a week.

I think Revzilla is the only US dealer who imports them (might be mistaken about that). I had to get on a waiting list to get them, but only had to wait about a week. I was so excited about finding them that I didn't want to look anymore. Finding good, functional ladies gear is difficult, especially if you are not a big woman. I have always wished Aerostich would do a deal with Sidi and have their Combat Touring boots available in women's sizes. However, I understand the female market for such is slim so not worth it for the dealers. I found a pair of LaCross women's snake boots for riding off road, yet they are a little roomy, but they will work and are 100% waterproof, and trust me I have tested them. IMO, the Daytona boots are absolutely the best made, but wouldn't want to wear them for off road riding, as they are too pricey. For any woman, who is a serious rider ( I am), the investment for the Daytona's will be money well spent. I have ridden thousands of miles in the rain with these boots and they kept my feet dry. They come up high on the leg, and offer more protection than most women riding boots, with the exception of BMW's. I just like the aggressive look of the Daytona's. The only negative for me is the toe is thick and is a little clumsy shifting, but I deal with it.

Correction: Rhonda paid about $350 for her daytona boots through eBay which was the on-line platform she used to interface directly with manufacturer/distributer in Germany. Rhonda has the same boxy toe gear shifter issue with the boots, other than that she's well pleased.

The Frey Daytona Ladystar GTX boots are probably the best made boots for vertically challenged female riders. They combine the outstanding quality of their Roadstar GTX boots with " height suplimenters" inside the boot rather than just a clunky thick sole and heel. My wife (5' 4") LOVES her Ladystars!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/frey-daytona-boots/lady-star-boots/

On the west coast, they are sold by Helimot. https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=25&cat=2+-+Motorcycle+Boots

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Revzilla has a very good selection of women's boots from several different boot makers. I have ordered several things for my wife and myself. They are a great company to do business with. No shipping charge if the order is over something like $50. Free exchange if you order the wrong size.

Daytona Lady Star boots

I am on my third pair of these boots - They wear out after a couple of hundred thousand miles or so. LOL I love them - they fit my feet; they are waterproof, even in 12-hour rain rides; they are comfortable enough to walk in. They also have an expander panel at the top for the calf area and a zipper on both sides (short one on the inside) to make getting them on really easy.

I buy mine through Helimot in San Jose. Don't remember what I pay for them - only know that they provide great value and protection for my ankles and feet, are comfortable, and fit easily on my footpegs and under my shifter. They also clean up easily and the bugs don't seem to bother them. I have tried other boots but none are as all-around and sturdy.

Pink

Back