• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wireless charger on 22 RT with iPhone 14?

Wireless charging

Can’t get the wireless charger to work on a 22RT .
IT would never work on my iPhone 12 mini . Now I have a new iphone 14 and that does not work .
I have moved it around in the wireless charger , put it in backwards , with and without a slim cover .
So is there a setting on the iPhone preventing it from working ?
Or is there some trick to make it work 🤪😡
Thanks

What phone mount are you using? How are you connecting it, straight to the battery?

What phone mount are you using? How are you connecting it, straight to the battery?

I believe he's using this cradle, which snaps into the factory GPS mount: https://www.shopbmwmotorcycle.com/c...nics-mounts/products/bmw-connectedride-cradle. It should connect via Bluetooth to the bike via the Connected Ride app and charging should be provided via induction charging. No cables required, aside from the one that connects the GPS mount to the bike.

It should provide not only charging, but control of the BMW Connected Ride app from the wheel.

Bring it to the dealership and let them show you how to use this feature. It’s a new bike so it’s under warranty.
Let us know what they did.

OM

Been there ……they know less than I do …..

And yes it’s the pocket …….
Unless you have one you won’t understand the issue……..

Been there ……they know less than I do …..

And yes it’s the pocket …….
Unless you have one you won’t understand the issue……..

It is very sensitive to placement. My experience with wireless chargers and iPhones is very iffy. I have a third party charger on my bedside table and it is very hit or miss as to whether it charges - I'd say 75% of the time it charges. I have an iPhone 13 as well as an older iPhone and the older iPhone is VERY difficult to get positioned in the cubby to start charging. The iPhone 13 will charge about 90% of the time when I'm very careful placing it in the cubby, holding it down while I engage the clamp and be careful not to disturb the phone when I withdraw my hand and close the cubby. If it doesn't start to charge (that 10% of the time), I take the phone out and start again. It doesn't charge at all if I accidentally put the phone in with the bottom of the phone facing away from me.

I have a '23 RT and an iPhone 13. It will sit nicely in the cradle and the little green light comes on indicating that it is charging but after only a few seconds the LED turns to a flashing yellow. I have had to resort to a cable connection. Of course the phone won't fit in the cradle with the cable connected so I've had to run the cable into my tank bag and close the cover over the cable. Apparently iPhones are not popular in Germany. And what's with the tiny font they decided to use in the map program. It's so small as to be illegible. I have inquired about this to the Connected App Contact folks and an awaiting a reply. I really don't expect one. Maybe if enough people brought this to their attention they might address the issue.

I have a '23 RT and an iPhone 13. It will sit nicely in the cradle and the little green light comes on indicating that it is charging but after only a few seconds the LED turns to a flashing yellow. I have had to resort to a cable connection. Of course the phone won't fit in the cradle with the cable connected so I've had to run the cable into my tank bag and close the cover over the cable. Apparently iPhones are not popular in Germany. And what's with the tiny font they decided to use in the map program. It's so small as to be illegible. I have inquired about this to the Connected App Contact folks and an awaiting a reply. I really don't expect one. Maybe if enough people brought this to their attention they might address the issue.

Apple leads the mobile phone market in Germany with 42%.

I have an iPhone 13 and have no issues with it charging. However it does need to be placed carefully with the strap out of the way and the clasp engaged to hold it in the proper position. Also, it only aligns properly with the top of the phone in the rear of the cubby. If I accidentally put it in the bottom of the phone towards the rear, it doesn't sync up with the wireless coils properly.

Apple leads the mobile phone market in Germany with 42%.

I have an iPhone 13 and have no issues with it charging. However it does need to be placed carefully with the strap out of the way and the clasp engaged to hold it in the proper position. Also, it only aligns properly with the top of the phone in the rear of the cubby. If I accidentally put it in the bottom of the phone towards the rear, it doesn't sync up with the wireless coils properly.

Could you clarify what you mean by rear of the cuddly ?
Maybe toward front of the bike and rear of the bike would clarify
Thanks

Could you clarify what you mean by rear of the cuddly ?
Maybe toward front of the bike and rear of the bike would clarify
Thanks

Front of the cubby is closest to the rider, rear of the cubby is furthest from the rider. If I swap the orientation of the phone, bottom of the phone to the rear of the cubby - I don't get a reliable charge.

Back