• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What modifications have you done?

Stock rocks!

If Hans & Fritz would have wanted me to have pink streamers on the grips they would have put them on there.

Sometimes I see bikes with so many aftermarket parts the person could have just bought a second bike instead.

I do have a SS brake line on the front of my 03 GS, but the dang thing still barely stops.

My latest modification !!!

Oh yeah - I'm excited!

My latest functional mod: a piece of black electrical tape approximately 1/2" x 1" plastered over my ABS warning lights. Hey, it works - the red flashing lights are gone now.

Steve

Shotly after getting my 03GT I realized I needed a radar detector.Bought a Passport 8500 and a HARD unit,after that some moto lights and an Alaska Leather sheepskin.That's all I've found I need,I love my GT.

alien_hitchhiker said:
Oh yeah - I'm excited!

My latest functional mod: a piece of black electrical tape approximately 1/2" x 1" plastered over my ABS warning lights. Hey, it works - the red flashing lights are gone now.

Steve

Man that's a great idea! I have a headlight lite on my Duc that neeeds to go away. THANKS! :D

Last edited:
Just put Spiegler brake lines on the GS, and Progressive fork springs and an Omega 400 watt charging system on the /6. It sure is nice to be able to run the Gerbins liner, the driving lights, have the high beam on, and still charge the battery.

On my 05 R1100S BCR: Stainless lines, removed cat converter, clear brake light with LED, LED reart signals, CF hugger, and wave rotors.

K75C: Stainless lines, belly pan, rear shock, saddle bags, Corbin seat, rear trunk from an 1100LT, and a Laminar Lip

Mods

Great thread...

K75 -
1/4 Fairing
Gunfighter Corbin Seat
Removed rear fender/lic. plate assembly
MAC exhaust
flat track handle bars
K&N air filters
EBC brake pads
Header tape

84 R100 -
R90 fairing
short/flat track handle bars
aftermarket cafe seat and cowling
new rear break
EPCO Sport mufflers
K&N air filters
header tape
new paint job
Avon rubber

02 r1150r-bmw touring ws,wonderlich barbacks,system cases,luggage rack(bmw-useless),hyperlite brake light. love it!!

I mildly modified the wheels & chassis on my 2000RT to lower the center of gravity & improve handling. (See attached pic) Power seems to be down a bit. Any ideas to boost power would be appreciated.
Steve

Here is a mod for that picture you sent earlier

Attachments

• hemi_trike.jpg
    hemi_trike.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 447
05 1200RT & 02 R1150R's

Minor mods on the RT and one of the R's
Moto Lites
Hyper Lites
turn signal running lights
Clear signals on both
Jet-hot header coating
Autocomm
Wunderlich engine guards- on RT and red R
BMW cylinder guards on all
fatfoot or feet!
Touratech (?)grill guards behind the openings of radiators -both
Touratech tail bags for day runs/Givi topcase for full load -RT or R
GS handguards - R
GPS/ Radar- either w/ RAM setups
front fender extenders

We don't have enough space for the '06 Softail's list! :banghead

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 496
'92 K75S came with a ripped Corbin, Staintune exhaust, & Performance rear shock.

Since taking possession, I've added:

PIAA 1100x fork-mount driving lights
Heated grips
Aeroflow windscreen
New Corbin Gunfighter saddle
Replaced after-market mirrors with new stock mirrors
New side stand
Kisan headlight modulator
Hyper-lite rear brake enhancement
Dual FIAMM horns (one high tone, one low tone)
New radiator and fan
Accessory plug

I've also replaced various screws, nuts, bolts, clips and other hardware that have fallen off over the past 16 years the bike has been around.

I tried adding "bar backs" but discovered I'd also need a new front brake line. Decided I didn't want bar backs that badly so I returned them. Since then I've gotten used to the "stock" riding position and am very comfortable on the bike.
20061231-001.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see, '04 R1150R Rockster 80th Anniversary Edition

In order:
Centerstand
OEM windscreen
Hyperlites auxillary brake lights
Sargeant seat (used)
BMW luggage rack (used)
BMW sidecases (used)
Auxillary power socket at handlebars, custom install
Autocom Pro-7 Sport comm system, hardwired
PIAA 001 fog lights - custom install
K&N air filter
Stebel Nautilus Compact horn
Ohlins shocks
GS handguards

P

Not many:

- Sargent front saddle
- Aeroflow screen
- OEM hardbags
- Marsee 15 ltr teardrop tankbag (not really a modification, I know)

On the '86 RS: Kisan headlight modulator, hidden garage door opener, Corbin seat, top box, tank bag, RAM mounts, complete repaint, SS fastener kit, stick-on thermometer;

On the '93 1100LT: PIAA driving lights, Kuryakin fork lights, Kisan headlight modulator, Corbin seat, hidden garage door opener, LED indicator lights, RAM mounts, tank bag, Armed Guard alarm system with perimeter sensor and tilt alarm, System Case reflective tape kit, SS fastener kit, stick-on thermometer;

On the '02 RS: Moto-lights, fog lights on EZY Bracket, Kisan headlight modulator, PIAA H3 and H7 bulbs, Gizmo Mill "Brake" light, self-modified seat bracket, tank bag and electrification kit, System Case reflective tape kit, oversize system case lids, accessory shelf, GS mirrors, engine guards, Autocomm Pro 1, Garmin Quest 2 (Ugh!), RAM mounts, Sirius satellite radio, Fenda-extenda, SS fastener kit, stick-on thermometer.

And on me: Savanna 2 jacket and pants, Schuberth helmet, BMW Gortex boots.

New to BMW's

I purchased an '04 RTL in March. So far I have:

Ohlins Shocks
Bar Backs
Throttlemeister
Autocom W/phone, gps and GMRS
Givi 52 with toprack and backrest pad
Wheelin TIR3 brake light
Garmin GPS
3 Function Meter
Big Mak Tank Bag
Peg Lowering Kit
Passenger Peg Lowering Kit
Sargent Low Seat
HID headlight conversion
Cee BaileyÔÇÖs Headlight Protector
Motolights with 50W conversion
Powerlet Adaptors
Mirror Cables
New Odessey Battery
New Marathon Tires
BMW Logo Valve Caps
Bushtec Trailer Hitch
2 Bros complete system. (Took back off though.)

What I have determined is that owning a BMW is kind of like owning a boat. You just seem to throw money at it for some reason.

On a side note, I hate the Sargent seat. The 2 Bros pipe is stupid loud. The HID conversion is awesome. The motolights where awesome until I did the HID conversion and now they sort of dissapear in the headlights output. And I do not like the Ohlins as much as I liked the Wilbers on my last bike due to a more abrupt response on sharp bumps. But, they where cheaper....

Modifications, eh.

Well, I've only added the BMW Panniers, Tank Bag and Touratech's CANBus Helper. I removed the crossbar and padding from the handlebars.

BUT, and most importantly, I've added miles, smiles and dirt.:brad :brad :brad

what i added

06 1200gs
jesse luggage
piaa 510 lights
touratech tank bag
bmw front fender guard
touratech extra fuel holder
touratech cross bar
hepco becker crash bars
gps
bunch of touratech little goodies(frame guards etc.)
and some dirt and mud for eye an eye catching appearance

Last edited:
Back