• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What do you do with your garage door opener?

mosrrt

I am always looking for a place to put the garage door opener on the RT.
I am sure that there are a lot of ideas here that I have just not thought of .

Needs to be easy to use with riding gloves , protected from the weather, and not easy to steal :thumb

Mike

Left side "glove" box would be most obvious for easy access and lockable protected from thief and weather..

If you ride with a tank bag you can place a mini remote in the map window.

Left side "glove" box would be most obvious for easy access and lockable protected from thief and weather..

Yes- exactly. My OEM remote is super light and small- so it is stuck to the door with heavy duty velcro, and does not interfere with the door's normal behavior. (it still pops up on it's own)

I also have a Mo door remote that I will not be needing (it seems) unless I get another bike. My Victory was lacking a good place for a OEM remote- so I got the Mo Door which fit perfectly behind the side cover- switch stuck to the forward facing surface. The RT is lacking a really great place for the MO door remote- so it seems I have come full circle.. :D

My solution is here.

Waterproof switch added to a pocket sized fob, fastened under a panel. It's secure enough - the button is useless away from my home, the fob is unreachable without removing the body panel, and I don't leave the bike parked outside the house. On the approach to my driveway I'm too busy slowing, shifting, turning to be fumbling for the button in a tank bag, pocket, or compartment.

Lots of other ideas in "Similar Threads" down below ↓↓↓.

I place mine in the right side pocket of my riding jacket. It's always there...wear all the gear, all the time. I can activate it without taking off my glove, just press the pocket.

Ride safe,
Paul

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I place mine in the right side pocket of my riding jacket. It's always there...wear all the gear, all the time. I can activate it without taking off my glove, just press the pocket.

Ride safe,
Paul

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

+ 1

TFiErIm.jpg

sSZqE5S.jpg

My solution is here.

Waterproof switch added to a pocket sized fob, fastened under a panel. It's secure enough - the button is useless away from my home, the fob is unreachable without removing the body panel, and I don't leave the bike parked outside the house. On the approach to my driveway I'm too busy slowing, shifting, turning to be fumbling for the button in a tank bag, pocket, or compartment.

Lots of other ideas in "Similar Threads" down below ↓↓↓.

I do this with my K but on the R1100RT I have a shelf and a black plastic triangle with a garage door mounted on it. When travelling the opener is mounted with Velcro under the shelf.

I do have a second remote button but being a procrastinator, for the last three years I been carefully considering where else to mount the opener before using the second pocket size fob. 😁

This the remote button. You simply wire into your existing garage door opener. When I eventually put the R1100's remote hidden under the body work, I'll lengthen the wires.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_130648272.jpg
    IMG_20220225_130648272.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 249
This the remote button. You simply wire into your existing garage door opener. When I eventually put the R1100's remote hidden under the body work, I'll lengthen the wires.

Cheers!

So where do you purchase a remote button ?
Mike

Why not wire the remote into the flask-to-pass switch, and just hide it under the bodywork?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My mini door opener is Velcro’d to the inside lid of left compartment under handle bars. No issues in 5 years

Back