• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Do people knocking on your helmet like a door bother you?

I usually leave it outside when I rarely go inside and then it's because the pump didn't print me a receipt which pisses me off. Technology ha!

I don't use the pump c/c, I go inside and pay there. Less apt to be a skimmer issue, and I get the receipt then. I'll throw 20 on the card. When it takes less, the c/c is only charged for the correct amount.

Anytime there's a chance of running into a c/c skimmer, I go inside [ which means all gas stations ].

I don't use the pump c/c, I go inside and pay there. Less apt to be a skimmer issue, and I get the receipt then. I'll throw 20 on the card. When it takes less, the c/c is only charged for the correct amount.

Anytime there's a chance of running into a c/c skimmer, I go inside [ which means all gas stations ].
Tap-to-pay is much harder to skim... :)

I usually leave it outside when I rarely go inside and then it's because the pump didn't print me a receipt which pisses me off. Technology ha!
I stopped getting the receipt years ago.
I do review my credit card online after a trip or during a trip to make sure everything looks good.
I also get email and texts from the CC company if something doesn't look right.

I'm just wondering if it's just me.
This morning I'm in line at the store at the register when a guy comes up behind me and starts knocking on my helmet, "Hello, can you hear in that thing!?". Without hesitation I spun around, grabbed him and started saying some unpleasant stuff in an elevated tone.
He was just trying to be funny and all, I get it. But over the years I have become increasingly tired of people doing this to me. Some give a light tap and some have hit me pretty hard. When I'm facing them I can catch it 100% of the time and stop it before it happens. Back turned to them? Not so much....
I just want to add that I'm a pretty chill person, it takes a lot to get me riled up. But for some reason it really jerks my frog when people do this.
So does this happen to other riders here and does it bother them?
Has never happened to me, but I agree, unless its someone you know, it's rude. You wouldn't walk up to a construction worker and start tapping on their hardhat? Or a bicyclist, firefighter, etc. And only a masochistic fool would do that to a motor officer!

The only helmet aggravation I've experienced, seemly only when brand new, is watching it take a slow roll of my rear seat and smack firmly on the pavement chipping the pristine finish. Hardhat smacking (do you know the sound turtles make when **cking, bang.) was a common joke when we were young, as was smearing a light coat of silicone caulk around the rim of a paper water cone and dropping on an unsuspecting coworker, and snickering as they walked the jobsite for hours with the "conehead".

Exactly right fbt80. That doesn't work in big towns with any kind of crime rates. You take your helmet off or you're forced to leave, like pronto. Those store/bank cameras are there for a reason. I have never worn my helmet into

The only helmet aggravation I've experienced, seemly only when brand new, is watching it take a slow roll of my rear seat and smack firmly on the pavement chipping the pristine finish. Hardhat smacking (do you know the sound turtles make when **cking, bang.) was a common joke when we were young, as was smearing a light coat of silicone caulk around the rim of a paper water cone and dropping on an unsuspecting coworker, and snickering as they walked the jobsite for hours with the "conehead".
The helmet drop is the worst! You always see it and react in slo-mo.
About 25 years ago I bought a top of the line at the time Shoei. I buy it, walk out of the store and like a dumbass put it on my seat. I don't have to tell you what happened next. Owned it less than 2 minutes. Needless to say I was wearing my old Nolan again.

Yeah I remember when my Nolan took its first fall from the seat to the ground in slo mo. I felt so stupid for letting that happen. Subsequent scratches didn’t bother me near as much though. And I never lay it on the seat like that anymore. I am hoping to do better with the latest upgrade but only time will tell.

Yeah I remember when my Nolan took its first fall from the seat to the ground in slo mo. I felt so stupid for letting that happen. Subsequent scratches didn’t bother me near as much though. And I never lay it on the seat like that anymore. I am hoping to do better with the latest upgrade but only time will tell.
After the Shoei seat incident, never on the seat again. That was an expensive lesson.
But, by far, the absolutely worst thing I'd ever seen helmet related is this! One summer I'm in a very busy public restroom in the middle of the afternoon. I'm washing my hands when this twenty-something rider comes in with a one piece brand new leather track suit, sliders and all and a helmet under his arm. He walks right up to the urinal and sets his helmet ON THE GROUND BETWEEN HIS FEET! Not on its top but right side up. Unzips and gets to leakin'. To this very day I will never forget Piss Helmet Guy... :sick:

Nor me. (If they have to reach up to get to your helmet..., they know better.)

If one is shorter, they might try a warning sticker....

Back