• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Future of BMW Motorrad ÔÇô Hendrik von Kuenheim talks to the media

Say -- there's a Dell'Orto sticker on the S100RR's windscreen!

Curious.

I'm happy to hear they plan on keeping the boxer around. That was the best news, for me. :)

Not so sure about that S1000RR. It's a BMW, so I like that about it. The problem is, it looks like every other sportbike out there. Kind of boring. Sounds like it will be a nice ride, though. I'm not sold on the chain drive, but I guess they still haven't perfected the shaft drive...

I agree, Josh.

I hope Herr von Kuenheim knows what he is doing in terms of marketing and sales, because I want BMW Motorrad to stay around -- most especially the shaft-drive boxer, which is what I care about.

However, except for that, his speech does nothing for me.

Well, I said I wanted one, but I've reconsidered, I've figured out a way to save a ton of money and still impress my Beemer buddies. I'm going to trade my boring old K1200R Sport in on a used Yamaha R-1, paint it black and apply a couple of BMW roundels (and Dell'Orto and Castrol stickers).

Whaddya think?

Function dictates much of the form when you're playing the sport bike game. This is a prototype, so I'd expect the form to evolve a bit more.

Racebikes are generally pretty ugly, Ducatis excepted. The pres said this wouldn't necessarily reflect the final production model, either.

Well, I said I wanted one, but I've reconsidered, I've figured out a way to save a ton of money and still impress my Beemer buddies. I'm going to trade my boring old K1200R Sport in on a used Yamaha R-1, paint it black and apply a couple of BMW roundels (and Dell'Orto and Castrol stickers).

Whaddya think?

Lemme know when it makes 190hp. :ha

Don't forget the inclusion of Husqvarna.

Old Math v New Math

Old Math: The October press conference about the reorganization of BMW set a goal of 150K per year for the BMW brand. The Husqvarna deal was not complete and was referred to as additional sources of sales for the future.

New Math: Yes I did notice that Husky sales were included in reaching that sales goal.

I think the new math reflects the current realities of the motorcycle market. In addition it may give some insight into the ÔÇ£Two BrandÔÇØ strategy. Yes there are two brands but their success will be viewed in aggregate rather than individually.

S1000 RR is a race bike, as Knary so succinctly stated it is about winning not styling. I suspect a good deal of time was spent in the wind tunnel, which resulted in this fairing. Looks more like a Triumph 675 fairing than the Japanese models talked about so far. Put paint on that mass of black carbon fiber and I may look a lot better.

This S1000RR prototype fascinates me. So does one of the project's presumed sponsors:

From their website (no kiddin'):

"The name ProKASRO stands for progressive sewer refurbishing robotics..."

Now THAT'S marketing!!

Craig

Attachments

• prokasro.jpg
    prokasro.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 75
I hope Herr von Kuenheim knows what he is doing in terms of marketing and sales, because I want BMW Motorrad to stay around -- most especially the shaft-drive boxer, which is what I care about.

I'd like to second that! Whatever keeps the Motorrad and boxer around!

I hope the final racer will impress the folks that care about such things. That black and yellow scheme on the concepts looked awesome but I'd love to see some blue and white whipping around the tracks.

This S1000RR prototype fascinates me. So does one of the project's presumed sponsors:

From their website (no kiddin'):

"The name ProKASRO stands for progressive sewer refurbishing robotics..."

Now THAT'S marketing!!

Craig

i saw that sticker and investigated that, too. after finding that url, i asked the bmw pr guy if that was code for "electronic valve actuation...." :p

ian

Since my chiropractor doesn't make house calls, I think I'll stick with a boxer, or keep my cell phone in my tank bag.

Ring, Ring Hello?

Hi Diann, it's me, I'm home. Could you please come out to the driveway and help me off the bike?

Regards, Rod.

I have no idea what involvement Rotax has if any. As for more information, this is about it for official stuff the rest is rumor.

Back