• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BestRest Products Has A New Owner

mikegalbicka

Back in the saddle again
From an email received today:

BestRest Products (home of the CyclePump Tire Inflator) has a new owner. Jim Delzer purchased the business in March, and he’ll be running it with his wife Kristin and sons, Ryan and Tyler, from their home in Sanger, Texas.

Twenty four years ago David Petersen invented a folding backrest for his BMW R1100GS, so that wife Judy would be more comfortable on their travels. Because it was the “best backrest” on the market, he named the company BestRest Products. David also developed a series of luggage racks, skid plates, light bars, and other gear for BMW motorcycles. In 2003 he invented the CyclePump Tire Inflator, followed by the EZAir Tire Gauge, and the TireIron BeadBrakR. He developed scores of other products and he trailblazed the NorthWest Passage Adventure Route that runs from Montana to the Pacific Ocean. He also created more than 70 YouTube videos designed to educated fellow motorcycle riders: BestRest YouTube Channel

In 2023 David and Judy decided it was time to retire and ride into the sunset, so BestRest went on the market. Almost 100 prospective buyers threw their hats in the ring; when the dust settled only Jim Delzer was left standing. He was selected because of his extensive riding credentials, business acumen, and his commitment to continue producing quality motorcycle gear made here in the USA.

Jim is an avid rider with a fleet of six bikes, ranging from a Honda CRF300 Rally, a BMW F800GS, a Yamaha Tenere, and a Triumph Bobber. He’s ridden extensively across the western US and Alaska. In his travels he used a CyclePump to fill his tires, tire repair kits, and other products made by BestRest. When he learned the Company was for sale, he saw an opportunity to turn his 2-wheeled passion into a new career. When Jim’s not on two wheels, he’s flying single engine airplanes or riding horses.

• In celebration of the change of ownership, Jim is offering a 10% discount for all in-stock items. Use coupon code BestRestTexas. Coupon expires midnight May 12, 2024.

I'm so happy with everything David did with Best Rest. I've bought from him many times. He loved making great products and was a great supporter of the BMW community. I'm glad he's able to retire and enjoy his best years out on the road.

I'm so happy with everything David did with Best Rest. I've bought from him many times. He loved making great products and was a great supporter of the BMW community. I'm glad he's able to retire and enjoy his best years out on the road.
I’m just sorry they moved away from the luggage racks and backrests. That’s what put them on the radar and they Made some killer products.

Back