• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Fungal in Review (My Pic's)

More pics

SFDOC, I hope you don't mind me adding to your most excellent ride report... but I thought I would share a few here too... Bob_M, you'll be happy to know I got a pic of that rare and endangered weaping spruce, on the road to Happy Camp heading South from 199. And a beautiful road it is, too! Oh yeah, the rare and endangered tree was nice too!

sector said:
SFDOC, I hope you don't mind me adding to your most excellent ride report... but I thought I would share a few here too... Bob_M, you'll be happy to know I got a pic of that rare and endangered weaping spruce, on the road to Happy Camp heading South from 199. And a beautiful road it is, too! Oh yeah, the rare and endangered tree was nice too!
Oops, not sure what happened. no pic. I guess I need to go practice under the "how to" forum. I'll be back...

OK, I got that little glitch worked out. Here you go. Road to Happy Camp, take 2.

Attachments

• IMGP1839sm-a.jpg
    IMGP1839sm-a.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
Last time I came through here, this Mtn was a snow-capped peak. This is the pic that had SFDOC, the natural born hero that he is, coming back to look for me.

Attachments

• IMGP1856sm-1.jpg
    IMGP1856sm-1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 29
At the summit, pacific crest tail and all, looking at dropping down into the N. Fork of the Salmon. This road was such a playground. Oh yeah, and we passed a hermit or prospector, riding his horse up this road, toting a pack mule. I didn't think he would appreciate me stopping to take a pic, so I didn't.

Attachments

• IMGP1868sm-1.jpg
    IMGP1868sm-1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29
Hard to tell where pavement ends and house begins. Passing through Sawyers Bar on the N Fork of the Salmon. This is where SFDOC dropped in from his over-the-mtn gravel ride heading back to camp to pick up the tube.

Attachments

• IMGP1878sm-1.jpg
    IMGP1878sm-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 28
Salmon River. We had just passed a section of broken road 300 ft drops into the river. Definetly a place you don't want to miss judge a corner!

Attachments

• IMGP1890sm-1.jpg
    IMGP1890sm-1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 29
Reflections of the Klamath, along Hwy 96 heading back toward Happy Camp. After this... home and back to the grind for another week - but planning that next ride. That "anti-fungal" ride perhaps.

Attachments

• IMGP1894sm-1.jpg
    IMGP1894sm-1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Great ride and report y'all!

Indian Scotty... is that a great campground or what?

It really should be added to the Oregon campgrounds page along with about a jillion places in eastern Oregon and the along the Aufderhide Highway, too.

Oregon... what a great place to ride!

Thanks for the report and the fantastic pictures!

Ian

Visian said:
Great ride and report y'all!

Indian Scotty... is that a great campground or what?

It really should be added to the Oregon campgrounds page along with about a jillion places in eastern Oregon and the along the Aufderhide Highway, too.

Oregon... what a great place to ride!

Thanks for the report and the fantastic pictures!

Ian

Ian, except that it's in California. Oregon is a great place to ride, but this was all mostly in Northern California.

This time of year all the *tourists* have gone home - the roads are nice - traffic non-existant - campgrounds empty - and, police enforcing the interstate; not the back roads :D

I think this is an outstanding reason to have this ride when we do - late in the Fall.

Country Living

sector said:
Hard to tell where pavement ends and house begins. Passing through Sawyers Bar on the N Fork of the Salmon. This is where SFDOC dropped in from his over-the-mtn gravel ride heading back to camp to pick up the tube.

Great photos. I need to get down there again so I can do the whole loop

Back