• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Dragon

k12koop said:
If you really want to enjoy the dragon, come after the leaves are gone....

When it turns cold the cruiser are virtually gone. If the weather gets up to about 60 with the leaves gone the pavement gets hot enough (minus the leaves).

It is a real treat when you share the road with about 50 total folks on the loop.

Koop

Dangit Koop... quit giving away the secrets! Before you know it, the Dragon will be wall-to-wall year-round!

FWIW, with the leaves gone you can see through the woods and know if there is any oncoming traffic.

Ian

I would never discourage anyone from visiting the Dragon. It's like Disney World...you just have to do it ONCE and get a t-shirt.

Dragon

Unfortunately, track days by me (NHIS) run in excess of $250.00 a day. So, I can't afford to ride on the track as much as I'd like. In my opinion most tracks (at least the ones I have been on) provide for a less challenging ride than the Dragon (or other roads in the area). Wayah Rd and Route 28 are great roads (But with just as much traffic as the Dragon on a typical weekday morning). As stated in my orginal post, the design of the Dragon with the cambers and combination reduced apex turns makes for a very technical rideregardless of your speed and ability. I live near the mountainous terrian of the Adirondacks and Catskill Mountains and the roads are great, but not as great as the are around Deal's Gap.

Last edited:
Back