• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

I read that 17 day old viruses were found on hard surfaces on the cruise ship that was quarantined in Japan.

BUT, at a minuscule level which was not considered to be infectious, or so they said. They are also saying that there is no evidence of spread of Covid-19 from food packaging (which is usually cardboard, paper, plastic and metal). I still disinfect my incoming mail by leaving it outside for 24 hours and then use a UVC wand to kill any virus or bacteria on the envelopes.

Yes, I usually do with a disinfecting wipe. But all the information I'm seeing now indicates that the primary spread of the coronavirus is by aerosol droplets - and very little from surfaces. There is a news story I read today (attached) that says essentially many people researching the virus spread are frustrated with the WHO because they are sticking to their position emphasizing surfaces as a major medium for spreading the disease. Read it and draw your own conclusions. Just as a note when you read this article, there is mention of virus-laden droplets "dropping to the floor" so all along we have left our shoes and pants in the garage after spending time in heavily trafficked areas like grocery stores.

I don't doubt this in the least. At the same time, the province where I live is in Stage 3 of a 4 Stage recovery and we've achieved this by following rules laid out months ago - wash your hands, sanitize regularly, socially distance, no groups of people small or large, and wear a mask. Short term pain for long term gain.

I don't doubt this in the least. At the same time, the province where I live is in Stage 3 of a 4 Stage recovery and we've achieved this by following rules laid out months ago - wash your hands, sanitize regularly, socially distance, no groups of people small or large, and wear a mask. Short term pain for long term gain.

I'm not adverse to taking risks - I ride motorcycles, after all. But, I do what I can to mitigate the risks as much as reasonably possible. Now, a whole new - and much longer - conversation can be had trying to define "reasonably". But, that should be for another time - a long time - from now. :lol

I read that 17 day old viruses were found on hard surfaces on the cruise ship that was quarantined in Japan.

I take that as a cautionary tale to anyone considering a cruise. Lots of people in cramped spaces.

Rational thoughts and actions are just one more step down the highway to whatever is considered bad today.............

I was not there at that time, but I followed the weather during rally week, and it was very cold, and there was some rain. Not inviting to camp at all. Some years are like that, so better luck next year!

For those of us in the Midwest, most of the East, probably all the South... here at the 10 day mark from, what would have been Rally departure.

That "cold" was likely just chilly; and as we roast today... sure would have been pleasant!

For those of us in the Midwest, most of the East, probably all the South... here at the 10 day mark from, what would have been Rally departure.

That "cold" was likely just chilly; and as we roast today... sure would have been pleasant!

IIRC, some of the overnight lows were in the 40's. Brisk for some, and refreshing for others. :D

IIRC, some of the overnight lows were in the 40's. Brisk for some, and refreshing for others. :D

Living in Charlotte, NC we enjoy great riding ALL year round with virtually no snow and very rare icy roads ... BUT ... as a result we get to enjoy 90 degree humid days in the summer. So 40 degrees in the morning would be refreshing and 50's and 60's during the day would be wonderful. Looking forward to Great Falls in 2021.

Living in Charlotte, NC we enjoy great riding ALL year round with virtually no snow and very rare icy roads ... BUT ... as a result we get to enjoy 90 degree humid days in the summer. So 40 degrees in the morning would be refreshing and 50's and 60's during the day would be wonderful. Looking forward to Great Falls in 2021.

Ok, but no whining if it snows. :brow

Ok, but no whining if it snows. :brow

Just a "light dusting"... would serve as suitable retaliation for the Bloomsburg ordeal.

If you could ensure the temperatures would "only" be about 39F for a hour or so.

Then, some "conversational whining" appropriate for the unique occasion may be expressed!

Just a "light dusting"... would serve as suitable retaliation for the Bloomsburg ordeal.

If you could ensure the temperatures would "only" be about 39F for a hour or so.

Then, some "conversational whining" appropriate for the unique occasion may be expressed!

:thumb

I'm seeing "light dusting" really means different things depending on the who & where!

I'm seeing "light dusting" really means different things depending on the who & where!

HA! I suspect a "light dusting" in Montana or Wyoming would be "holy blizzard batman get to the grocery store now!" But then that happens when snow just even in the forecast here in Charlotte. Having spent my first 40 years in NJ and know what "real" snow is like ... I just chuckle when that happens.

Back