• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Truly. Everything is relative.......:whistle

And in Charlotte it's not really the snow you need to worry about it's the fact that most natives have no clue how to drive in snow :nodso it's best to just get off the roads :rocker

And in Charlotte it's not really the snow you need to worry about it's the fact that most natives have no clue how to drive in snow :nodso it's best to just get off the roads :rocker

My area has grown rapidly for many years driving by immigrants from much warmer states. It seems each of them drives a 4WD SUV, so it's both funny and frightening to watch them try to stay out of the ditch after our first big snow of the season. It's clear most people never learned about inertia in physics class. :banghead

My area has grown rapidly for many years driving by immigrants from much warmer states. It seems each of them drives a 4WD SUV, so it's both funny and frightening to watch them try to stay out of the ditch after our first big snow of the season. It's clear most people never learned about inertia in physics class. :banghead

Or, that high center of gravity.

An example of what you described was when Kim Kardashian and her sisters slid off the road in a snow storm here in Montana back in 2015. High center of gravity was not an issue with that crew.

A Toast is in order...

An example of what you described was when Kim Kardashian and her sisters slid off the road in a snow storm here in Montana back in 2015. High center of gravity was not an issue with that crew.

Under the "funniest" category... THIS thread post may prove to be the Grand Prize Winner!

...Now if just knew how to post a picture of a well stocked and attractive Montana tavern.

Or, that high center of gravity.

Yeah, all those things that make and SUV - even a crossover - different from traditional sedans. I think the best part is how so many think that 4WD will let them stop faster on slick roads. Ha!

Kardashiansisters.jpg

The individual COGs appear to be all over the chart!

Yeah, all those things that make and SUV - even a crossover - different from traditional sedans. I think the best part is how so many think that 4WD will let them stop faster on slick roads. Ha!

Yes, and try to buy a non-AWD BMW car north of the Mason-Dixon line. They're a bit less rare than a 6-speed transmission.

Anyhow, I used to travel thru Syracuse frequently on I-81. Due to it's the location near Lake Ontario, a brief late afternoon thunderstorm is an every other day occurrence. So, hot road surface, a bit of rain, bingo .............. Minivan on its roof. It was like clockwork.

Speaking of peaks & valleys, anyone Know when Glacier Park's Going to the Moon road actually opened... all the way across this year?

Speaking of peaks & valleys, anyone Know when Glacier Park's Going to the Moon road actually opened... all the way across this year?

I thought I read somewhere (can'r recall where) or maybe got a NP e-mail that suggested it was NOT going to open fully this year.

The Going to the Sun Road opens Monday the 13th. (https://cdapress.com/news/2020/jul/11/sun-road-opens-monday-to-rising-sun-5/). All of the east side access points to the park will remain closed for the year. The Blackfeet are denying use of the roads on their land that are needed to reach the park from the east. (A wise decision in my opinion.) I would not go near the road this year. With no outlet on the east side people will have to turn around at Logan Pass and the already heavy traffic will become much worse.

The Going to the Sun Road opens Monday the 13th. (https://cdapress.com/news/2020/jul/11/sun-road-opens-monday-to-rising-sun-5/). All of the east side access points to the park will remain closed for the year. The Blackfeet are denying use of the roads on their land that are needed to reach the park from the east. (A wise decision in my opinion.) I would not go near the road this year. With no outlet on the east side people will have to turn around at Logan Pass and the already heavy traffic will become much worse.

So Going to The Sun Road will not fully open this year ?

I'll bet a nickel some early morning GS type rider reaches the stop/turn-around point, and determines... watch this!

Back