• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tent cot

Does the Luxury Lite cot require you sleep only on your back? I seldom sleep only on my back and have held off buying because of this...

Comments appreciated.

well we're ALL going to have to wait a couple more days for info on the cot tent/ tent cot as it DIDN'T come in today sooooo I'm hoping Monday stay tuned. I'll be sure to give my review. I really like the idea of cot tent/tent cot, I just hope it's comfortable, I tried a cot at calelas (they have a nice folding 6x6x?) that was sweet about 85" long wide enough to roll over in and nothing hit any part of me wrong (like in the hip or back) PROBLEM ....their tent made for cots WON'T fit that cot. That's why I'm going with this kamp-rite tent cot. But won't know till it's here. :dunno

as for your gear in the rain kamp-rite has a gear bag that hangs under the cot. however I usually pack most or all my gear back on the bike in the bags just to keep the morning clean up and go faster. Just in case it does rain.:scratch:banghead that's it I'm gonna go LOOK @ my bike.

Luxury Lite Cot

I'm a side sleeper and I sleep on this just fine. The legs are made out of circular plastic rings so there is no damage to your tent floor. They make 2-3 different
versions of this cot now and they are priced a little differently. The biggest difference between them is the weight, so read the description carefully. If you are a big person as I am, you'll want to add the extra rod kit to your order. I have the original and bought it when it was cheaper, if I were in the market today I'd probably go with the mesh cot because it is cheaper and a little wider than the original. I bought mine from an online supplier called Campsaver, they frequently have 20% off sales and almost always have an online coupon to save money so it is worth your while to search for it. They always offer 10% off to new customers and there is always a free shipping code out there somewhere for these guys. The guy who created this product is in Texas and he stands behind this product 100%, it has a lifetime guarantee and he means it. I talked with him briefly when I ordered the extra rod kit and he is a pleasure to do business with. I have no financial interest in either of these companies, but I do love this product for camping. Here is the Campsaver site, the luxury lite site and a you tube video demonstrating assembly. Good luck, Don

http://www.campsaver.com/ultralite-cot

http://www.luxurylite.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxbJs0Lp90I

Last edited:
Byers of Main sells a great cot for a reasonable price. It packs to about 5" by 27" in its own bag. Great with the Big Agnes insulated air matress and down bag. I use side stand pucks to keep it from punching holes in the tent bottom.

camp cot thermarest

IMG_20160612_140554_485.jpg

just spent my first night on my new ThermaRest cot. great sleep. I will be bringing this to Hamburg. It is low .. only 4" off the ground but works great in a small tent. It is the very small green bag on top of my right pannier.

Attachments

• IMG_20160612_140450_309.jpg
    IMG_20160612_140450_309.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 573
camp cot

Lite pad makes luxury lite cot much better. If you use one of the tent cots high narrow lots of wind surface please have video camera running when first wind gust hits I am curious about exit strategy when cot is on its side

Lite pad makes luxury lite cot much better. If you use one of the tent cots high narrow lots of wind surface please have video camera running when first wind gust hits I am curious about exit strategy when cot is on its side

Back