• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tapatalk Splash screen

Coma

How do I bypass the Tapatalk splash screen. The Forum renders fine on my iPad. Tapatalk is just another opportunity to see advertisers. I also don't like the multi step process to get to my favorite forum. Can I bypass it or turn it off?

TIA

I think that it come on with a log-in (after a completed, specific log-out).
Try and checking the "remember me" and see how it works.
There are a number of Members using Tapatalk- and requested the forums association with TT.
Let us know how that changes your view.
If it doesn't help or you would like to try another approach, you can clear your browser(s) of the currently installed "cookie" from the MOA. That will trigger the screen but once x'ed out, should retain the x-out.
OM

Ok. I logged out and logged back in and no splash screen. Let me see what happens over the next few days and I'll report back.

Thank you.

Ok. I logged out and logged back in and no splash screen. Let me see what happens over the next few days and I'll report back.

Thank you.

Great! Thanks for reporting the results as the information frequently helps others :thumb.
OM

Got the splash screen again after being gone for a few hours. I have deleted the Tapatalk app before posting the first time, sorry I hadn't mentioned it before, thinking that the app was triggering the splash screen.

Any other ideas?

Just so we are on the same page on this, I take it you are talking about the almost full page that has the offer to buy TT?
For me it just shows up once in awhile, certainly not every time.
Did you try a different computer? That will let us know if it's tied to the (problem) computer or your login info.
OM

It's a blue screen that shows up only on iPad/iPhone when using Safari, when I used the TT app it did not show. The computer does not have the splash screen problem.

The splash screen is slow to X out on my older iPad and iPhone like the code make the processor hang.

It's a blue screen that shows up only on iPad/iPhone when using Safari, when I used the TT app it did not show. The computer does not have the splash screen problem.

The splash screen is slow to X out on my older iPad and iPhone like the code make the processor hang.
OK, sounds like it's on your end especially since you mentioned older. To keep these things running at any speed ( and to keep from having to wonder how, when at one site, a site that you recently visited shows up with and ad), try a trip here-
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-clean-ios-junk-files-cache-3609079/
It would seem that the iPhone and iPad don't seem to have the selectivity that Safari has in doing a good cleaning so when you hit erase history, you will probably loose all your logins.
It's a good idea to browse on through to see how much "crap" is stuck in the device before you do it. Temporary internet files, cookies and cache "contaminates" will bog down a system - especially with a device with limited memory.
Let us know how it goes.
OM

Ok, the newest iOS allows selective cookie and history removal by website. I did that with the MOA data and on checking into the website I received the blue TT screen. I X'd it out. I'll see if it retained the X on a later login. Thanks.

That is the one I was seeing- once in a while. If you are able to stay logged in (remember me box checked), does it keep showing up?
OM

I see that once in a blue moon on my Android phone...never on the home laptop. I just X it out and then don't see it again for a while. I stay logged in all the time.

That is the one I was seeing- once in a while. If you are able to stay logged in (remember me box checked), does it keep showing up?
OM

I stay logged in. I see it every time unless I have been on the site within a few minutes. I had hoped there was a setting I hadn't found. If it's not a general complaint, then no worries. I'll X it out and enjoy the Forum.

Thanks for looking into this!

I stay logged in. I see it every time unless I have been on the site within a few minutes. I had hoped there was a setting I hadn't found. If it's not a general complaint, then no worries. I'll X it out and enjoy the Forum.

Thanks for looking into this!
OK, that would indicate that your device is not remembering that you have "seen" that before- and my guess there is an old (or multiple) "cookie" from TT. If you can browse through the history and cache, you might se the multiples.
I would be nice to figure it out for you, some poking around in your device, may do that.
OM

That's it OM, I don't allow third party cookies. Let me try to let it set a cookie from a third party. I'll report back.

Back