• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stop Sale on all NEW BMW Motorcycles

tsconver

Hooligan
Seen several posts on the internet that BMW NA has had a stop on all sales from the mothership. No new bikes can leave the showroom until further notice. Seems to be emission related. Probably a big recall campaign coming as well.

Seen several posts on the internet that BMW NA has had a stop on all sales from the mothership. No new bikes can leave the showroom until further notice. Seems to be emission related. Probably a big recall campaign coming as well.

Links?
Where is this information posted?

OM

Seen it on FB and a couple other spots and now a big thread I started on ADVRider where a BMW shop manager has confirmed it but cannot share specifics yet.

Until I see something official, or something on a legit news source I would put it down as some internet B.S that someone started.

I hope this isn't one of those " my cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle heard it from his neighbor's wife's sister" stories :D

I left FB 7 years ago.

I never, ever felt better after visiting that place, so I archived my stuff, pulled it down and deleted my account. When I was going through my "archive", the overwhelming thought was "what a giant waste of time that all was."

I can't say I miss that sewer in the least.

Supposed to be emissions related and not a safety issue. A couple of dealers have confirmed it on Facebook but say they have no additional information yet.

I’m not on FB, but a close associate is. I think this is on the MOA’s FB page.

Last edited:
I watched a few new GS1250's leave Wild West Motoplex in Katy Texas this past Saturday that were sold . 9/16/23

Until I see something official, or something on a legit news source I would put it down as some internet B.S that someone started.

I went to buy an R18B today and the dealer told me they couldn't sell me the bike because BMW put a nationwide stop sale on all bikes.

Used bikes too? A BMW dealer can't sell a used bike but anyone else in the whole world can?

Yeah, I’m thinking there is more to it. If the statement was just “new” or a specific date forward, it would make more sense.
Sure will be interesting to hear the story behind this.

OM

Back