• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shoei Neotec vs a Schuberth C4: fit difference

2slowwheels

anyone offer advice on the fit difference between a Neotech and a C4? No dealers near me. I used to wear an Arai Signet x but looking for a modular.

Just to be sure, are you asking about a C4 or C4 Pro?
The C4 and C4 Pro have a different fit.

You can go to the revzilla website and read the reviews on both helmets. that might help with your decision.

The c4 pro is ovalish...The Shoei is probably a little more ovally. I just replaced my Shoei with the C4pro. To be honest the Shoei felt tons better in the showroom (cycle gear in Albany NY) but there was something about the pro I liked better; the shape, the integrated installed pinlock (you have to put on the Shoei pinlock). Schuberths reputed quietness. Shoei, as stated was more oval, more comfortable, and probably better circulation...nevertheless I went with the schuberth...I had to order it for color and the one received (brand new) was more comfy than the showroom one and has broken in fairly quickly. It also has integrated mic and speakers (that requires Schuberth proprietary [sena guts] battery and module- they have 2 slots for electronics IN the helmetI liked that idea. 7 or 8 years ago (when I got the neotec) the Schuberth was unwearable but it feels like they have changed the shape somewhat. I'm glad you didn't ask for recommendations because it's a tough call- there was just something about the Schuberth...not "logical" just gut- so I went with it. I believe it is quieter. It's a bear to get over my ears but once on it feels like my head is well protected- more secure feeling than the neotec?? And the shape might be a little less bobble-heady than neo.

I went from the Neotec to the C4Pro last year. The only thing I didn't like about the Shoei was the visor lift tab is only on the left side. In my opinion if your only going to have one lift tab put it in the center. The C4Pro after a few hours of riding was giving me a pain in the forehead. A 2" round steel bar fixed that problem with a few hits in the forehead area of the helmet. I did a 2 week ride last July in Arizona, New Mexico & Texas in over 100 degree days & the visor would not stay up at highway speeds if I was getting buffeted from other vehicles. I tried the suggestions from Shuberth and nothing helped. The buttons for the Senna on the helmet are impossible for me to use with my gloves on. The handle bar remote control works very well. I hang my helmets from the strap upside down to air out when not in use and the ratchet style means I have to connect it to hang the helmet up. If you wanted to switch to the Cardo system you can't because you can't put the clamp type on the helmet. Like anything else you get used to it but I would not buy this helmet again.

Back