• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
Yes, sorry for not being more precise. I meant the female plugs on the new regulator line up with the existing male plugs that were used on the original regulator. It’s literally plug and play.

Does anyone have the the manufacturers specifications (Shindengen?) for both of the following rectifier/regulators?

FH020AA (I am assuming that is the BMW 12 31 8 523 367 item)
SH847

Yes, sorry for not being more precise. I meant the female plugs on the new regulator line up with the existing male plugs that were used on the original regulator. It’s literally plug and play.
No problem i know what you were trying to say, but thanks for your clarification. I appreciate all your work and your post too! The forums are just terrific for something just like this!

This may help-
You can let us know what you think.
OM

Not very helpful. Maybe if I e-mailed them I can get specifics for each rectifier/regulator. For example Vset, Temperature Compensation, current rating, etc.

For example, I have Bosch regulator catalog for cars listing Vset, slip-ring diameter, Temperature Compensation -XmV/°C, etc.

Also, for the AGM batteries we have in our motorcycles, Vset at 14.2V is far too low for the temperature. I would hope to see 14.6V +/- based on temperature.

I also came across a site where an owner installed a temperature sensor in the stator. I cannot comment on how accurate it all is as I do not know if he worked in a lab, etc. but he was seeing a 25F give or take a few degrees less using the Series regulator.

Seth’s Shindengen SH847 Series Regulator Rectifier (R/R) Installation on a Honda Pacific Coast PC800

I've also attached a PDF discussing how an alternator, rectifier/regulator operates along with testing procedures. I did not read it all, so use it at your own risk.

Attachments

• Diagnosis and repair of charging system (R-series, '13 on) V1.0.pdf
    414.2 KB · Views: 1
Back