• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seat interchange - R1200/1250 GS/Adventure (on 2016 R1200GS Adventure)

JamesInCA

I'm looking to get a seat pan to ship to Russell for a Day-Long for my 2016 R1200GSA LC. Would rather buy a used one to keep my stock setup unchanged. Anyone happen to know which of the GS or GSA seats are fit-interchangeable? Color and such obviously irrelevant.

Edit: "Have you checked the fiche?" Yes, I have, and for the front seat all the LCs seem to share a part number for the low seat, but I don't find common part numbers for the other variations. That is at least suggestive that the fit of the seat is common and the rest of the variations are cosmetic. I'm hoping someone can confirm.

Last edited:
LC 1200 and 1250, GS and GSA seats interchange.

Bought a new to me '13 R1200GS LC this fall at a dealer. It had a low seat option which was not for me. During my test ride they found a GSAdventure seat pair of tall seats that have the red tops and swapped them on for me. I was pleased. My fender and tank cover are white. The back pages of the glossy GS brochure list the seats, the GSA brochure lists the same seat options.

I've read that 1250 shares these seats as well.

Heated seats, if GS has them yet, might be a different story as far as plug compatibility.

Back