• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replacing OEM windshield suggestions

mor007

Hi, I am thinking about replacing my OEM windshield on my 2012 1600 GTL. Getting pushed around a little by the wind. Any suggestions

That K1600 Forum has a lot of good information. I went with the California Scientific windshield and have no complaints. Call them and they'll help you pick the right height and width based on your height and your passenger situation. Mine (tallest and widest one offered) is set up such that normal riding is with the windshield in the full-down position - and I'm still looking over it by several inches (I'm 6'4" tall). Rarely do I need to raise it up, and then it's only a few inches at best (rain, cold) and so I get good protection, no visibility issues, and the cutout in the shield eliminates the negative pressure behind the windshield that has a tendency to pull you forward. I'm happy.

I bought a short V-Stream because I was so happy with the one I had on my RT. I haven't ridden the bike yet as I just installed the replacement tonight. More to come...

Back