• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redwood Fungal Ride? (N. CA ride and camp in October)

Hey Kbasa, you donthappen to have an RRS I could borrow and tag along do ya? I can get out there, just need a bike. (that is unless I would not fit in with you suave california fellers)

lorazepam said:
Hey Kbasa, you donthappen to have an RRS I could borrow and tag along do ya? I can get out there, just need a bike. (that is unless I would not fit in with you suave california fellers)
Hey! I thought you were going to come out to Cruzland and borrow a bike. Whatever happened to that?

DarrylRi said:
Hey! I thought you were going to come out to Cruzland and borrow a bike. Whatever happened to that?

Hey I will come out if you can work me in!! You globe trotters are so busy having fun I just didnt want to slow ya down. Kbasa said I couldnt keep up with you on the bikes no matter what you ride :D

lorazepam said:
Hey I will come out if you can work me in!! You globe trotters are so busy having fun I just didnt want to slow ya down. Kbasa said I couldnt keep up with you on the bikes no matter what you ride :D
Well, of course he's lying, he's just fishing for a compliment on his riding abilities. But I'm not gonna give it to him, he's already got a big enough head, being Prez and all.

And anyway, the /2 has new brake linings on the front and I can brake way later into the turns now! Like, right up to about 50 feet before the turn in.

Anyway, if you want to borrow one of my bikes, you're welcome to it. All of them have saddlebags of some sort, but you'll need your own camping equipment. Just let me know when you're arriving at SJC.

BTW, does Sears even sell ponchos anymore?

So are we settling on the weekend of the 21st-23rd?
ear.gif

I hope so, I'm putting in for leave today, I'll be there, in fact I'll meet you in Portland and we'll go together. How's that...

lorazepam said:

The RRS is in bad need of a master cylinder these days, so it's been, well, resting.

As far as the 21st weekend goes, I'll have just arrived home after being gone a solid week. Not sure how that'll play with you know who, so don't wait for me.

Where are you thinking of having it? Or do you need thoughts about where to have it? There's a decent state park just outside Philo that is in a redwood grove and is about 5 or 10 miles inland and out of the fog.

Though I've never stayed there myself, I've heard good reviews for Grizzly Creek Campground on CA-36, along the van Duzen River. CA-36, of course, is one of those roads that people rave about...

knary said:
So are we settling on the weekend of the 21st-23rd?
ear.gif

I'm on leave the 21-24. So I'm going somewhere either with or without you guys.

If this doesn't happen my wife and I will go camping in the 26-footer.

KBasa said:
The RRS is in bad need of a master cylinder these days, so it's been, well, resting.

As far as the 21st weekend goes, I'll have just arrived home after being gone a solid week. Not sure how that'll play with you know who, so don't wait for me.

Where are you thinking of having it? Or do you need thoughts about where to have it? There's a decent state park just outside Philo that is in a redwood grove and is about 5 or 10 miles inland and out of the fog.

You will make it out for at least one night. After that time away from home for work, you'll need a nice relaxing ride and BS session. :nod

As for where, we need some ideas. I think I know the state park you're talking of. I stayed there some years back, IIRC.

I've been trying to make it to Hwy 36 for 4 years now. I've been every where in California except there.

http://pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

:clap

Posted on the NorCal Sportbike Club Page:

"I think I can say, Hwy 36w might be one of the best sportbike roads anywhere. It has every imaginable type of corner and plenty of them. It begins at valley level and climbs through some of the most beautiful mountains (not that you'll have time to see them), it is 4 hours of road, and it ends at the Pacific Ocean.

This is an "Oh my God, go tell the folks" road.

knary said:
edits made. :D
Do we roll in the ADVrider crowd? :evil

Those people are out and out hooligans if they get wind of this we will be up to our elbows in crazy fools. :hide

Dick said:
Those people are out and out hooligans if they get wind of this we will be up to our elbows in crazy fools. :hide

Jeez, half the folks replying here are ADVfolks.

I say bring it. Maybe we can turn those guys into a chartered club at long last.

KBasa said:
Jeez, half the folks replying here are ADVfolks.

I say bring it. Maybe we can turn those guys into a chartered club at long last.

They are - crap now this place is going to the dogs as well. :brow

I don't care if knary invites the Warlocks as long as they bring plenty of meth and mushrooms. :groovy

ADVRider - chartered club :laugh :laugh

At least the reading of the minutes would be interesting - we can make GDog Secretary to add a little flair.

That ship has sailed

Dick said:

It is a little late to worry about that

36 has patches of rough pavement but it is pretty sweet. Here is a link to Grizzly Ck SP http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=421
and Prarie Creek SP http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=415
and Patricks point http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=417
Patricks is near 299, Grizzley is on 36 and Prarie is near a gravel road that links to 299 near Hoopa. (I did this dirt road on my Euro Virago back in the day)

I am in for the 21 through the 24. :dance

Last edited:
Back