• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1250 RS panel hardware

Hi folks

I had to take some of the front body work off my 2022 R1250RS to run some wires to my Clearwater lights. I noticed that there were two types of short torx head bolts. Some had small shoulders and some did not. I understand the ones with shoulders are designed so that they fit tight to whatever is being fastened while allowing the panels to move a bit around the rubber grommets. But, I also noticed that they didn't seem to be used everywhere they should have been and ultimately I couldn't tell which bolt went where. Any advice? (Gee, a parts list or shop manual sure would be nice... BMW people)

You can make up something like these for your model.
I have them printed at FedEx Office on 12x18 card stock, then spray some 3M 77 adhesive on 2 layers of Dollar Tree foam core board.
As soon as I remove a screw, I match it against what the microfiche says is supposed to be holding a panel on and if it's not right put it in the "Wrong Screws" area and later can see if a couple have been switched.
If they are missing, or wrong altogether, I dig into my "stash" of spare screws to correctly install all panels back to OEM.

You can download them from my Google Drive onto a flash drive to get printed.
Here's the Left side
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kgaPFnSzWcxbRdg6e9rA4_PMfgoULE3/view?usp=sharing

Here's the Right side
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HbJdS71olkK3n7VNEl51XFbSyoCCP-7/view?usp=sharing

I call them "Boxflyer Boards"

Boxflyer%20Board%20with%20InLbs%20LH-M.jpg
Boxflyer%20Board%20with%20InLbs%20RH-M.jpg

IMG_5642-M.jpg

Thanks for the help! I made up some sheets for my model and ordered some spares and the next time I have it apart I'll get everything in the right spot.

Anyone found a source for bulk hardware? Buying from BMW seems cost prohibitive.

Back