• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1100rs LED headlight

I have no experience with this bulb but do have experience with H4 bulbs in an R1100RS. I will be interested in any experience responses you receive.

The R1100RS with a stock 55/60 H4 bulb is not noted as being a weakling although it certainly isn't as bright as (for example) an F800S with both bulbs on at the same time.

However, I have not seen a lens darkened by a stock 55/60 H4 bulb. It is entirely possible that the effectiveness of your headlight has been compromised by the burning of the lens caused by a higher wattage bulb.

It is also entirely possible that higher than desirable resistance exists in the wiring to/from the bulb causing it to be dimmer than normal. This can be remedied with a relay harness from the battery to the bulb.

LED headlight

Just curious out there if anyone has tried the LED headlights on their Oilheads?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CREE-H4...005&rk=5&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=391035229738&rt=nc

I'm looking at one of these to replace the halogen that's stock. I have to do something with that headlight... its way to dim and the heat from the bulb is leaving a burn mark in my lens.

Thanks,
Scott
Interesting! It says 200% brighter and the price is right. I may try one on my "99 RT , so please let us know how it works out--I'm sure it would be cheaper than the relay kit from eastern beaver, and with the lower current draw, you probably wouldn't need a relay .

I do like the fact that one is fan cooled. I might spend the extra money and try that one. I always have had reservations about ordering things from Hong Kong over ebay anyway.

Take a look at the clearance behind the headlight and make sure there is room for the larger assemmbly. I remember it being sort of snug back there, but I haven't changed the bulb is a while to be certain.

Back