• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wethead

Yes, I got the PM thanks!
I ordered them, nice touch. I went a different direction in colors. I have a white 2014 R1200GS. What I did is I took off the grey panels on either side of the tank and having them sprayed in BMW Factory Racing Blue Metallic Matte. Same color used on the Adventure and the F800R. The matte effect against the gloss white will be trick. I'll post pics when finished. Should be next week.

2015 R1200GSw picked up Dec 20th. Went from this:

BrandNew1.jpg

Pickup5.jpg

Pickup2.jpg

DealerSet-up.jpg

continued:

I went a different direction in colors. I have a white 2014 R1200GS. What I did is I took off the grey panels on either side of the tank and having them sprayed in BMW Factory Racing Blue Metallic Matte. Same color used on the Adventure and the F800R. The matte effect against the gloss white will be trick.
I'll post pics when finished. Should be next week.

:lurk :lurk :lurk

Thanks Bob! Looking forward to many many miles.

I added this to record a few:

Misc18.jpg

Misc15.jpg

Misc14.jpg

Misc1.jpg

Problem is, the idea of protecting it behind the screen is a bad one. Too much reflection off the protector.

I am going to add some film protector to the headlight, and run without the screen when using the camera. Use the screen the rest of the time.

Jim :brow

Some farkels have been added

Work was done by MAX BMW in South Windsor, CT. I bought the stuff, they did the installation. Bottom pic is 'Before'.

Wunderlich front, rear and fairing guards. Wunderlich forward pegs but also available from other suppliers.
Clearwater Krista's and Denali lights mounted on the fairing guard. Glendas mounted on the forks.
Aux tank is from Maple Farkles, looks good, easy to remove, with Pelican Storm case 2450 bolted to it. Denali air horn mounted under the steering head (hidden)
Denali fuse block under the pillion seat.
Custom graphics (film laminate, not paint).
Footpeg lowering kit by Suburban Machinery.
Handle bar mounts for 'stuff' from RCU Design.

Attachments

• Max BMW.jpg
    Max BMW.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 619
  • R1200RTW.jpg
    R1200RTW.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Looks great! Maybe list out all your accessories as that may answer some upcoming questions. Are those Wunderlich highway pegs? What kind of rear rack is that? Thanks!

Some cool new stuff. Going to be available in the near future (not from me)!

CenterstandPlate5.jpg

CenterstandPlate2.jpg

CenterstandPlate1.jpg

SidestandSwitchCover1.jpg

Also did my 600 mile service today.

600MileService4.jpg

600MileService5.jpg

600MileService7.jpg

600MileService12.jpg

Jim :brow:

Here are two photos of my new 2015 R1200GS Adventure, picked up on 1/20/15. Photos taken 1/24/15 at Port Mayaca on the east shore of Lake Okeechobee, Florida on a beautiful January afternoon.

IMG_6983s.jpgIMG_6984s.jpg

Don​

Back