• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nav VI screen protector

sufferin_boothead

Sufferin Boothead
Any recommendations for an inexpensive screen protector for the Nav VI on my wethead? I see lots of cheap 'cutable' ones on amazon but wanted others suggestions. thanks

IMO, using a screen protector for GPS's is a mistake and not necessary. It's a mistake because adding screen protection reduces finger contact. I have several GPS - some newer, some older - and have never scratched a screen using any Garmin GPS.

IMO, using a screen protector for GPS's is a mistake and not necessary. It's a mistake because adding screen protection reduces finger contact. I have several GPS - some newer, some older - and have never scratched a screen using any Garmin GPS.

:thumb

I have never put a screen protector on any of my GPSs but I wish I had with my 660 Zumo, my previous unit. I left it to be charged the last afternoon of the Desmoine Rally. Saturday morning I picked it up, and discovered the volunteer had put my name on tape and attached it to the screen. That GPS still works but part of the factory applied coated peeled off with tape. :uhoh

I installed a screen protector the day I purchased my NAV VI 3-years ago. Speedo Angels BMW Navigator VI GPS NANO GLASS Screen Protector - Ultra-Clear.

My Nav VI has worked perfect from day one, and no issues with finger contact.

Any recommendations for an inexpensive screen protector for the Nav VI on my wethead? I see lots of cheap 'cutable' ones on amazon but wanted others suggestions. thanks

Try Lexerd.com. If they don't have a screen protector pre-cut, they will do a custom cut for you for $20 - $30. I have Lexerd protectors on all 4 of my Garmins. No problems with the touch capabilties on any of them.

Back