• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Platinum roadside assistance. Towing?

Anybody had an opportunuty to use the roadside assist? Do they respond?

I used to have premier membership in MTS (motorcycle towing service) out of Las Vegas, Nevada and not only did they refuse to tow me when I was broke down at 8,000 feet in the middle of nowhere in the Sierra Nevada mountains but later they dumped benefits for premier memberships. Then they had the ballywho to ask me if I wanted to continue my membership. What a joke. I didn't respond.

I have seen some notes from MOA members in the ON about not getting emergency roadside service in urban areas. I wonder what it is like where my wife and I like ride out in the boonies.

Any feedback out there???????????:love :wave :violin :banghead :bar

BMWMOA Road Service

I broke down 50 miles from Burlington last year. They stayed on the cell phone with me for 45 minutes trying to find a tow service that was not busy. They stuck with me after I suggested one. They contacted that company, got him to drive 50 miles to pick me up and then used a $80,000 rollback truck to haul me little bike 52 miles to Burlington. I paid about $12.00. They wanted know if I was safe off the road, did I have water and food, etc. Yep... I'll sign up again.

If you are referring to AAA

After an accident 2 years ago they took my K75 on a flatbed to a dealer almost 75 miles away. Got it to the dealer no problem.

Just renewed, well worth it.

Great service from the 'MOA

I had a flat last fall about 20 miles out from a small town in Idaho. I called the BMW MOA towing service and they had someone out to me in 30 minutes. Ten minutes after I got into town they called me to see how I was doing and to find out if I was happy with the service from the towing company (which I was).

Something to note: I've talked with several BMW riders who have less than satisfactory towing experiences with the provider of the BMW Motorrad USA roadside assistance. Two of them thought they were dealing with the 'MOA towing service, but such was not the case. Please check to see which plan you are with, or are considering.

I've just recently got my 'renewal offer'. $149 seems like a LOT of money. We're gonna check out the CAA(AAA) Plus RV coverage and see if that would work any better for us., since the 'free' memberships that came with the cars is about up...

Cheryl

I have used my CAA without a hitch.On a ride into the countryside one of the bikes broke down and a call placed to CAA. A flatbed arrived fully equiped and took the motocycle and rider to the shop Pas de probleme. It's included with your car membership.

Back