• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Philips HID driving lights, what model and where to buy?

They are hard - almost impossible - to find, apparently. Check this thread over in the Iron Butt forum. The only supplier for the auxiliary lights (according to that thread) is BLM Accessories and that site doesn't even list the PHIDs at the moment, only a couple of lesser lights. You might call BLM, though, and see if it will be getting any in stock.

Hella also makes a HID driving light that is very similar in size and shape to the Philips light - you may have better luck finding that one.

HID's

Rob:

An alternative to extra HID lights is to get a Bi - Xenon system with H4 compatible capsule from Xenon Depot ( I'm assuming your headlight bulb is an H4 ).

I've got one installed in my RS and am quite happy with it. And no external lights!

Rinty

Another solution, which is what I'm doing, is to retrofit HID bulbs into a Halogen driving lamp, something like the Hella FF series. These have computer designed reflectors, and put out a pretty good beam pattern. HID conversion sets are available now for under $100.

Back