• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Parabellum Windscreen F650GSL

Bullfrog

My wife has been trying to find a windscreen that actually works...I know, that is a difficult task and a very personal choice. She has tried the standard and tall BMW offerings but is uncomfortable with both of them. Now there is a GIVI that is better but not good enough AND the forks can not be locked due to interference witht eh hand guards and screen!

I've read the Parabellum adds and claims but have never seen one in person and the photos are a bit small to get a real good look at it. It appears to be mounted fairly far aft; actually, it looks like it is mount several inched behind the instrument cluster!

Any one out there have one or heard of any reviews of one?

Thanks!

dave

i tried the parabellum, the BMW touring (tall) shield, the Cee baileys and the one i ended up with is an Ermax, from the UK. anyone who owns a F650 and has ridden my bike with the Ermax windscreen ended up buying one.

BullFrog,

My wife has a Wunderlich with micro swirl edging (http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm) added all around the screen; seems to work for her. The Parabellum, in case you were not aware, mounts to the handle bars. Some swear by them. I can see how having the screen closer to the rider makes for better protection. There have been complaints about folks hitting their heads on the screen while mounting/dismounting. There are pages and pages of info about F650 wind screens on the Chain Gang site.

http://www.f650.com/

For windshield info: http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/AftermarketWindshields.htm

Great advice, all. The F650 site is a wealth of inormation. I shall get my wife to check it out also.

Thanks!
Dave

Chain Gang

Take a look on the Chain Gang web site/ faqs. There is a lot of information about windscreens. I have a Cee Baileys 21 inch on my "07" gs and it works well for me. Still a lot of wind noise tho. Good luck!:bolt

I no longer have my F650GS, but I do have a picture of her sporting a Parabellum screen. I loved mine and it worked very well.

Ray

F650GS2-1.jpg

IMGP0910.jpg

My wife has been trying to find a windscreen that actually works...I know, that is a difficult task and a very personal choice. She has tried the standard and tall BMW offerings but is uncomfortable with both of them. Now there is a GIVI that is better but not good enough AND the forks can not be locked due to interference witht eh hand guards and screen!

I've read the Parabellum adds and claims but have never seen one in person and the photos are a bit small to get a real good look at it. It appears to be mounted fairly far aft; actually, it looks like it is mount several inched behind the instrument cluster!

Any one out there have one or heard of any reviews of one?

Thanks!

dave

The Parabellum shield mounts off of the handlebars. You will also have issues with not being able to lock the steering head too.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

i tried the parabellum, the BMW touring (tall) shield, the Cee baileys and the one i ended up with is an Ermax, from the UK. anyone who owns a F650 and has ridden my bike with the Ermax windscreen ended up buying one.

The Ermax shield is the best shield I have experienced.

Back