• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pairing Schuberth SC2, Nav VI, and 2019 pre TFT R1250RT

erkj79

John Erkan
I have reviewed lots of post regarding pairing with the TFT version of the R1250RT, but I need advice on pairing my Iphone, Nav VI, BMW audio system and new Schuberth SC2. My bike is a 2019 RT without the latest TFT. Thanx in advance.

I have a 2019 RT and the Scuberth. 1, pair SC2 to BMW audio system. 2, pair to iPhone. 3, do NOT pair SC2 to Nav 6 separate and apart from BMW audio system. 4, do NOT pair iPhone to Nav 6.
KISS method. We can have a longer discussion on each step for pairing to BMW audio system and pairing to iPhone.

I have a 2019 RT and the Scuberth. 1, pair SC2 to BMW audio system. 2, pair to iPhone. 3, do NOT pair SC2 to Nav 6 separate and apart from BMW audio system. 4, do NOT pair iPhone to Nav 6.
KISS method. We can have a longer discussion on each step for pairing to BMW audio system and pairing to iPhone.
Thanx for the response, Ray. Still a bit unclear on the details. After, pairing SC2 with BMW audio, do I pair the SC2 with my phone? how do I pair the Nav? Thanx

Ask yourself why you want to pair the bike...to anything.
I pair my GPS to my phone.
I pair my GPS to my headset.
I pair phone to the headset.
You can access music uploaded to your GPS via the built in media player or through the phone app.
The GPS is the pivot point for all this and controls everything.
I access FM through my headset.

Full functionality except SAT Radio. So if thats important to you; all bets are off.

Joe

Ask yourself why you want to pair the bike...to anything.
I pair my GPS to my phone.
I pair my GPS to my headset.
I pair phone to the headset.
You can access music uploaded to your GPS via the built in media player or through the phone app.
The GPS is the pivot point for all this and controls everything.
I access FM through my headset.

Full functionality except SAT Radio. So if thats important to you; all bets are off.

Joe
I do all of this except I don't pair my phone to the headset. I get access to all the music on my phone (Apple Music, Sirius XM app etc.) via Media App on Nav plus I can use the RT's radio or the music on the thumb drive. Phone calls/phone numbers show up on Nav screen so you can choose to answer or ignore. Before I started using the Nav as the hub I just connected my phone to the headset and missed out on a lot of features.

Thanx for the response, Ray. Still a bit unclear on the details. After, pairing SC2 with BMW audio, do I pair the SC2 with my phone? how do I pair the Nav? Thanx
Yes, pair SC2 to BMW Audio, and also to iPhone. Do NOT pair SC2 to Nav 6. The Nav 6 connects to BMW Audio, therefore your headset will hear all Nav 6 directions thru the BMW Audio System... no need to pair SC2 to Nav 6 separate and apart from BMW System.
With just a little bit more effort, you can make it super complicated. Pair your phone to Nav 6, pair Nav 6 to SC2, etc. STOP before somebody looses an eye!
KISS method. SC2 to iPhone, SC2 to BMW Audio.

Last edited:
Back