• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pairing Schuberth SC2 with TFT, Nav VI, and phone

erkj79

John Erkan
As i just upgraded my helmet to a Shuberth C5 with Sena SC2 comm system, can anyone share the correct process to pair the unit with my 2019 R1250RT
TFT, Nav IV, and Iphone please.

I can not answer your question with absolute specificity as my model year is newer (2021 with the "famous/infamous" 10.5-inch TFT screen), but the essential concept behind the pairing process might be much the same...?

First, make sure nothing is paired up -- no phone pairing, no helmet pairing, nothing... we need to start at tabula rasa. If any pairings exist disconnect them where appropriate -- Nav, TFT, phone (Bluetooth device), etc.

Next, pair the phone to the TFT display. This connects the phone to the bike.

Next, pair the SC2 to the GPS Nav module. Power-up the SC2, then press the top center button on the remote control module for 1 second to activate the Remote Control features -- you should hear a voice prompt from the SC2 speakers saying "Remote control activated."

Set the Navigation module on the bike to its pairing mode...

Then, press and hold the top center button on the SC2 Remote Control Module for 10 seconds -- at 5 seconds in you will hear the prompt for Intercom pairing, but continue to hold the button until you hear the "Configuration Menus" confirmation prompt.

Next, tap the "+" button 5 times to get to the "GPS Pairing" feature -- you will hear prompts for "phone pairing", "second mobile phone pairing", "phone selective", "media selective", then "GPS Pairing". At "GPS pairing" you will tap the top center button to activate the pairing process -- do what is needed to pair the SC2 to the on-bike navigation device. (See page 47 in the Schuberth SC2 User Guide for more information).

One of the key takeaways is that you do not pair your phone directly to the helmet -- you let the TFT moderate the connection between the phone, the bike, and the helmet. Of course, this is BMW territory, so expect the unexpected.

If your 2019 shares any DNA with the 2021, this should work. But I am hoping someone here on the forum with more specific experience will chime in with any of the parts I may have gotten wrong or missed entirely!

Hope this works, or at least helps!

Back