• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

odyssey battery in an '07 F650GS

I noticed you posted your question on the Chain Gang. I hope you get an answer, as I'll probably be needing a battery this winter. I wish I could help, but I'm in the same boat.

i am wanting to replace the stock battery in my '07 F650GS. i was told an odyssey PC535 will fit if you shave the fins down. before i buy one of these batteries i would like to know if anyone can confirm this will work.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc535.htm

Hmmmm I can't answer your question, but I'd bet it voids the warranty on the battery and might reduce the integrity of the battery case making you more susceptible to a cracked case and an acid leak. These are "AGM" type batteries so there is not a lot of extra liquid inside the battery but still....

Well I guess I'm saying I would not go there :bolt
But YMMY :D

Jim

Back