• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nursing the low back

ramble

ohbeemer
During the off season, amusing myself with shoveling snow and caring for the back. I'm starting to love the heating pad so much I might convert it to a 12 v plug connector. :laugh

A standard common lumbar support brace helps a lot too, shoveling in the winter and mowing/edging in the summer.

My wife, the Physical Therapist, has me do a series of stretches. This works pretty well... (this is not her in the video)

Thanks Visian, some good ones and different than PT in town, and cheaper and nicer on my own carpet and in front of fire, it's 12f here.

The furniture my wife likes is stylish but uncomfortable. All winter long I’m struggling to stay on top of lower back discomfort. The ergonomics on my bikes are so good that a couple weeks after riding season begins - and till the snow flies again - my back feels great!

The furniture my wife likes is stylish but uncomfortable. All winter long I’m struggling to stay on top of lower back discomfort. The ergonomics on my bikes are so good that a couple weeks after riding season begins - and till the snow flies again - my back feels great!

:)

:D

OM

The last time I really put my back out it was from moving heavy logs and rocks all days then sitting drinking beer in an Adirondack chair all evening. The next day the spasms were making me scream and I had to crawl to the car to go to the hospital. All I could do for 3 days was sit in my Kermit chair and be lawn art. I don't sit in Adirondack chairs anymore.

You might try the Thermacare product once you're on the road again:

https://www.thermacare.com/heat-wraps/back-pain-therapy

I highly recommend this Thermacare product.

I threw my lower back as I was getting bike off of centre stand when I was leaving for a week long MC trip to the Blue Ridge area.
I thought about cancelling my ride but was supposed to meet two riding pals in PA that day.

I didn't want to take Robaxacet as it can have a tendency to cause drowsiness.
A Pharmacist recommended Thermacare to help my back pain.

I rode the whole week with a Thermacare pad on my back and it felt wonderful to have heat on my lower back..all day long.
I would put it on in the morning and ride all day. It was was still warm at the end of the day..

Be sure to wear a layer of clothing between your skin and Thermacare.

I now carry a few Thermacare pads with me on my MC trips in case I tweak my back while on the road,

Back