• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new to bmw moa

99artee

Hello, I purchased a 99 r1100rt, 65000 miles, a couple of days before the snow started falling. I was able to ride for a few hours and it just whirs along at 70. I do realize my riding skills have diminished. Look forward to taking riding classes this summer. I had a Harley, 2007 road glide, and put about 65000 trouble-free miles on it. Loved it. Sold it and bought a 2002 BMW convertible,330. Not the same as a motorcycle. I am 65 with back problems and the car is a joy. The RT is my winter project. I have a new front tire mounted waiting for brake pads and a day over 30 f. Will try to change the hall sensor, it doesn't look that hard thanks to the info on the web. Hoping to have it out and about by st. paddy's day. I am in southwest mt and we have some great riding. If I really like it I may look into a newer model.

Welcome from central Florida. Too bad you will have to wait awhile to enjoy that ride. Have fun working on it until then.

Willkommen Mr MT-RT!

Sounds like you’re off to a sensible agenda. Start out used; see how things progress. :brow

Look for a dealer Open House (if there’s actually a dealer near U)! If you test ride a new model, then I would hope there’s money in the bank so to speak. Way back when, that’s how I went from a K11LT to a K12LT... Newer & greatly improved. My “newest” Beemer is a K16GT which I use as a tow-mobile for the TimeOut camper. You'll find us glamping at the 50th MOA International Rally in Doswell, VA next June. Hope U can make it way far east! :thumb

Good luck with your maintenance efforts this winter. You’re not alone; it goes on every year across the north...

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome!

If training is on your future, if you don’t already know, as an MOA member your eligible for a $250 grant for training from the MOA Foundation.

Welcome Montana Man!

Welcome Montana! The '99' RT is a smooth and fine ride indeed! (sent you a private message)

Back