• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new ride threads

crows123

This my first post so I thought to keep it light. My old ride gear needs to be retired,so I thought to get some new Klim gear. I've come down to the Latitude or Apex. I chose these two because I hate to stop and put on rain gear. Leaning towards Latitude, but want both sides.

Take a look at Aerostich Darien gear. Proven design, made in the USA and genuine Goretex. If ridden thousands of miles and lots of rain, never been wet or fooled with a rain suit.

After years (decades really,) of sticking to European brands like Rukka and Dainese for my attire I tried the Latitude last year and absolutely love it. So much so that when I decided to get a new summer jacket I first looked at and eventually bought a Marrakesh as my day ride go-to, also having poked around looking for a new helmet landed on a Krios. Not because of a blind dedication to a brand, but because the fit and quality were the best I tried. Sure I could have paid the same or less for a Dainese, Alpinestars, or even a Rukka jacket on sale that has 2 liners, one for rain and one for warmth, but the fact the waterproof layer is the jacket is the ticket in my book, and I like to choose my own warming layers. The Latitude fit the bill, and this is after trying at least half a dozen different sets. I'm glad you can return stuff to Revzilla relatively easily. :)

I wear a Klim Adventure suit and it has been very good to me, the two reasons I bought it were for the changeable collar to be able to wear a Leatt brace and for being waterproof.

Aerostitch is a well proven brand with top quality gear and plenty of custom options to help make it exactly what you want.

+2 on Aerostich. I've used ADV pants and Roadcrafter jacket for years. In the past, I've used seam sealer on the pocket threads to make the pockets of the jacket as waterproof as the shell. I just got a new jacket (larger to fit a Dainese air vest). The new jacket is lighter and I'll wait for my first rain ride to see if the pockets are now waterproof.

This my first post so I thought to keep it light. My old ride gear needs to be retired,so I thought to get some new Klim gear. I've come down to the Latitude or Apex. I chose these two because I hate to stop and put on rain gear. Leaning towards Latitude, but want both sides.

Welcome to the forum!
As this is not Wethead specific, one of the Moderators will move this to the Gear section for you later on. That will most likely expand the views for you.
Good luck in your search.
Gary

Welcome from the coast of Kansas. Glad to have you around.

Another vote for Aerostich gear. I have a gazillion miles on AD1 pants and never been wet. Try 'em, you will like 'em.

thought to get some new Klim gear. I've come down to the Latitude or Apex. I chose these two because I hate to stop and put on rain gear. Leaning towards Latitude, but want both sides.

Welcome to the site.
Both are good jackets. I wanted the Apex because of leather on arms and shoulders, but it was a odd fit for me. I also worried about it not having rear vents.
I ended up with the Latitude. To make it perfect I would the chest vents to catch air better and have the cuffs open more to catch air.
If possible try both jackets on.

The Bandlands Pro has good venting and is on sale for the same price as the Latitude at several vendors.
https://www.motorcyclegear.com/stre...LL6GSVj1xqJsWxxuyio0zKlBRYK7k-PRoCc6MQAvD_BwE

I'm sold on my Klim Latitude Jacket and pants.

Over 125,000 miles on them and happy enough that I bought them again. Sold the first set for more than 1/2 of what I paid after 65,000 miles and a trip up the Dempster in steady rain.

The only complaint I have with the current Latitude Jacket is that the sleeve vents are not positioned to catch the air flow on my GSA.
I solve that problem by opening the cuffs and closing the sleeve vents.
When paired with LDComfort base layer and an Electric Jacket when colder than 55F I am good from below freezing to well above 100F.

To cool I soak the sleeves of my LDComfort shirt, Open my Latitude Jacket cuffs, Open the Colar and fold it back onto the provided hooks, close ALL other jacket vents and regulate air flow/air conditioning by closing down the cuffs as required. Cooling will last from one to two hours depending upon airflow.

Contact Alex at Black Hills Moto (https://blackhillsmoto.com/) - call him for best service - for the best deals on Klim Gear I've found.

Back