• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member, may I introduce myself?

pirana

Hello all, just joined & this is my first post. Wasn't sure which forum to post in, but since I own a 1100GS I figured "oilhead" was good enough. My GS is a 99 which i've owned since new. Actually it was a demo with a little over 500 miles that I got a good deal on. This bike is the first & only BMW that i've owned so far. I've never held on to a bike this long (7&1/2 years) without sellng it & plan to keep my GS as long as I live. I don't know why i've waited so long to join bmwmoa but what the hell, here I am. I also spend a lot of time over at advrider.com.
Now a little short bio. I'm 51 years young & have been riding motorcycles since I was 13. My dad got my brother & I into the sport by buying us a Honda CT70 when we were kids & we've never looked back as the three of us still ride. My dad is 79 & rides a 1200GS. Yes, I turned him on to BMW's. My bro. owns two Kawasakis, a KTM & a brand new Ducati Hypermotard S. I raced MX as a teenager on German bikes, a Sachs & DKW which were the same thing really, did the sportbike thing for a few years before deciding that, although they're a blast in their element, they're just too impractical. I wanted a bike that could do a little of everything including carrying the wife & had always liked the funkyness & versatility of the GS line & so I took a demo ride & I was hooked.
Well, I won't bore you guys (& gals) any longer, just wanted to say howdy & hope that maybe i'll be able to learn something here as well as contribute a little. Cheers!

quickconnectinstall028.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's a recent pic. The farkle wish list is still a long one but other responsibilities keep getting in the way.:laugh

Neat looking GS!

welcome to the forum, have a beer and relax:drink

Welcome Pirana. Nice looking scoot.
Now, when can we go visit your brothers stable of bikes???? Sounds like he has a fun garage.

:wave

Welcome Pirana.

Glad you've branched out from those adrenalin junkie hooligan juvenile delinquents over at ADV. (It's a great forum - just teasing).

I like the way you've emphasized the whole GS funk thing with your bike. It's got a refreshing attitude that the Uber GS Afrika Corps techno-meister look can't touch. I've got a hunch you know how to wring it out.

welcome pirana! i too have joined bmwmoa very recently although i've been on the other forums like ADV and the pelican R11S/R12S boards for awhile now. this is a great board for us beemer nuts!

i just sold my GS that i bought new in '94. thought i'd never sell her either but alas, i got hooked on the replika and i just wasn't having as much fun on the GS...but i do miss her sometimes.

Back