• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMWMOA &BMW Owner saying hi!

Wilkommen Joyce.

You are so correct! My '07 was 3 weeks old and I was on my way to my first rally (GR3) when I had a little . . . uh . . . well, see for yourself.

154463089_XWD9t-M.jpg

154463096_VYPKe-M.jpg

154463082_5iuqx-M.jpg

I was happy I opted for the cover guards. Right mirror just popped off so no breakage there. But enough about me.

I have been very happy with my RT. When I'm going to make long hauls it's my bike of choice, definitely. It's the comfy chair. I hope your bike brings you as much joy as has mine over the last 3 years.

As was previously mentioned, do take the time to update your user profile, as much as you care to.

Enjoy!

Danke Schoen and yikes Wezul. That looks like a nasty one! Hope you made it out in even better condition than your bags. I'm trying hard not to do that, but it seems it's easiest to do at 0 to slow speeds!

Joyce

And a welcome from a fellow R1200 RT rider. This is my second season riding my RT and I enjoy many of the same opinions regarding it as you do.
Good choice. Now the farkling begins.
Enjoy the forums and feel free to stop in to the "Women of the MOA" if you like.

Thanks Karen - will do. And the farkling has begun - starting w/ the practical stuff first!

Joyce

Welcome Joyce, beautiful bike.

I had my obligatory bike dump on day 2 due to improper side stand deployment.

Had a local foreign car body shop that works on BMW's car color match my Biarritz Blue perfectly.

Check in often

Again Welcome

Luis

Luis,
Sorry to hear about your obligatory day 2 bike dump. As w/ Elmer Fudd, I've been twying to be veeeeeerrrrrrrry caweful. Thanks for the tip on the paint.

Joyce

Joyce,

Welcome. NICE RT and happy new owner. Best of luck with it and LOTS of fun miles.

Many dirt roads up by us for DP riding.

John

Beauregard, meet Betty. Betty's a 2006 Heritage Softail, too.

Welcome to the forum -- we love ride reports and pictures and would like to hear more about your touring experiences.

89.jpg

Tex ... I see you have the same Boss Bags on the Softail I had on my Valkyrie. Those IMHO are some of the best MC bags made. I loved them and scratches were fixed with a bit of Doc Bailey's !!

Tex ... I see you have the same Boss Bags on the Softail I had on my Valkyrie. Those IMHO are some of the best MC bags made. I loved them and scratches were fixed with a bit of Doc Bailey's !!

I really like mine -- and they clean up with Doc Bailey's just fine. They've been through lots of miles and still look great.

Our big party in Redmond, OR next summer. You should try to make it. Lots of fun.:clap

So, the national rally is in Redmond, OR in 2010? Some of our local RI BMW folks were just wondering about that. I'll see when it is and whether I can fit it in--I take a 10-12 day bike tour every year--in the western states--and it has to occur in a certain part of the year b/c of my work schedule and that of the others on the trip. If Redmond doesn't conflict with that, the next problem to solve will be whether there's enough time to get clear back to the west coast from the east coast! :). Otherwise, I'm looking forward to making some national rally.

Joyce

So, the national rally is in Redmond, OR in 2010? Some of our local RI BMW folks were just wondering about that. I'll see when it is and whether I can fit it in--I take a 10-12 day bike tour every year--in the western states--and it has to occur in a certain part of the year b/c of my work schedule and that of the others on the trip. If Redmond doesn't conflict with that, the next problem to solve will be whether there's enough time to get clear back to the west coast from the east coast! :). Otherwise, I'm looking forward to making some national rally.

Joyce

Joyce,

If you don't make Redmond in 2010, the '11 rally will be somewhere on the east side of the country.

Back